+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by spidasingh View Post
    I used eBay, the part number is:

Notes from my thread 'So the car was read, had codes C056E 42 and 46, rear differential clutch control module.

Cleared them all took for a drive and both came straight back on.'
    Thanks for that man. What did you use to read the codes. Is it obd2?

Interesting. I've just had mine replaced on my facelift 2014 model. Thing is, it looks like the replacement is a Gen IV, whereas the OEM was a Gen V...or was it? Not sure now. I just know that my 2010 Siggy VXR threw the haldex at about 35k miles and so did my 2014 Siggy VXR. It wasn't pump related. I asked them to change the Haldex fluid at the service interval because it was doing the usual full-lock shuffle. When they drained the old fluid, it was metal soup.

'Fraid the haldex is still this car's weakness.

VXRed blooded

I found a press release a while back, stating that these cars had 6000mls of testing before going on sale to the public. Surely that isn't enough. I would have thought a lot more than that. Or was this the mileage the Haldex started failing in testing? Whatever the case, the Haldex just isn't up to the job and will haunt these cars until they are all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    I found a press release a while back, stating that these cars had 6000mls of testing before going on sale to the public. Surely that isn't enough. I would have thought a lot more than that. Or was this the mileage the Haldex started failing in testing? Whatever the case, the Haldex just isn't up to the job and will haunt these cars until they are all gone.
    Agree - it is a pitty really, they are nice cars, but chances are that most will not be long lived as it simply isn't realistic to do a 4k repair on a car which isn't worth more than that.

I also have to admit, that despite having had no problems with mine (if you don't count the chains I got replaced for free), the constant nagging feeling of something expensive about to go was a big part of my decision to let it go. I was constantly in fear of the EML coming back on because of chains, or the haldex (did get the dreaded "service 4x4" once), or the clutch, or something else. It was really a shame, as I still feel there was something special about the car. On paper, my M135i is a much better car on almost all parameters, and the drive is surely much more engaged, but it just doesn't have that same special something that the Siggy had!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRacing ahead

just logged on here as i know david has had a problem with his

mine is at thornleys atm having the haldex rebuilt should get her back this week car is now on 42k . and i did have the light come on a couple off times , each time it went to vx , so went to thornleys as seeing others from here and been there and not had any further problems with it ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3