+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Question steering issues with brand new corsa vxr

Hi people, i collected a brand new corsa vxr last week and have travelled 500 miles in 6 days, everything is spot on tracking is bang on as are tyre pressures, now my problem is i knew the car had been reviewed by various car mags etc and all reviews said the steering was vague and unacceptable, but to be travelling on the motorway at 50,60,70+ mph it is a constant struggle to keep it pointed in a straight line having to turn the steering wheel an inch one way then an inch the other way, basically i consider this dangerous, this isnt booting the car but steady driving, its like the steering wheel has 10mm free play allthough it has no free play at all, and i am correcting it constantly, anyway i am rejecting the car back to the finance company tomorrow as the car is 'not fit for purpose', i was just wondering it anyone else had the same issues with steering.
    Cheers in advance for all the replies.
    Loser

I have abit of trouble with my steering wheel aswel for it to go in a straight line the steering wheel is tilted to the left slightly don’t know if it’s the tracking or balancing

VXRed

All it needs is the steering angle sensor recalibrating, its not been zeroed in to the rack correctly, you are going to have to give Vauxhall a go at fixing the issue before any reject will be accepted.

VXR newbie

Thanks for the advice, i had a new corsa 2 years ago and believe me they tried everything, camber. toe in, castor, tracking, switching front wheels over then rear to front then corner to corner then new steering rack then 4 wheel laser alignment, then after 30 + attempts to sort the problem to no avail it finally went into BMW Motorsport division to be rectified and came back worse than ever, so ombudsman got invovled and i got every penny i paid plus £2k for mot failure car i threw into deal on scrappage plus 15% interest for my inconvenience, lol now same car company and same finance company so they are getting 1 chance only, then i have legal right for either a replacement car or rejection of which it will be rejection.
    Loser

VXR newbie

Ok update time, i spoke with finance company and they advised me to reject the car if i felt it had a problem although it would have to be confirmed by a vauxhall dealership.
    So i takes my car into alternative dealership and they check suspension tyre pressures etc etc all ok and do an through road test wtf 4 miles on b roads near me, i clearly stated its most apparrent whilst motorway driving, so nowat wrong with the car it drives as iyt should were their final words alas very helpful and informative.
    They then went onto stating the issue could be the speed variable power assisted steering or the mitchelin tyres being ziz zag tread pattern, i replied you just stated it drives as it should yet go into the problem could be this or that, contradicting to say the least.

So i checked the report, unsigned, no mileage entered, no date etc etc lol did they work on the car or just rag it to macdonalds for their lunch lol.
    So back to square one one the other hand i have opened the vauxhall service booklet and no P.D.I. info has been entered, does anyone know if its a legal requirement to do a PDI before you sell a brand new car onto a member of the public.
    So tomorrow i shall insist the finance company arrange an independent test report like i had done twice before on my last corsa and each test drive had to be a minimum of 10 miles on different road surfaces, very unlike todays rip to macdonalds or kfc.
    I shall keep you updated on my quest.
    Btw i do not have to give the dealership any chance to repair the fault which is logged now so this could go on for quite a while if in my favour before it gets rejected, lol.
    Loser

VXR newbie

So i allowed my brother to drive my car on motorway whilst i sat in passenger seat, wtf ffs i absolutely **** myself, plus i was being jolted left and right as the car was wanting to wander everywhere when driving @ 50,60 and 70mph in a single lane, and my brother commenting **** me this is dangerous, the car does not want to drive straight without constant left and right steering wheel adjustment. I'll wager a bet now it's going back as faulty and **** ARNOLD CLARK the bunch of ****ing idjuts.
    Loser

VXR enough

Wasn't there someone on here a few months ago with another serious steering problem;

I think they couldn't do full lock turns without the steering seizing completely (steering lock not on either).

I seem to remember there was something about a recall on certain vehicles as the steering rack fractured.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXR enough

Yes this; http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...eering-problem

theres a link in there to the government wwebiste listing the affected vehciles and also to vauxhall where they can tell if your car is affected.

Might be worth a try.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXR newbie

Hiya u33db NAH ITS NOT THAT ITS BRAND NEW THEY WERE 2014-2015 MODELS, sorry caps on anyway it scarey as to drive i kid you not and this is coming form being around oulton park in a branny M3 v8 with pro driver which was scarey as but compared to how my car drives that was lame.
    Anyway it is being rejected as faulty under section 22 short term 30 day rejection of the comsumer credit act, arnold clark must think i know jack **** about cars and the law, so ill get all my paid up money back deposit service plan money and run up some mega mileage for them for when they sell it on again.
    Loser
    Loser

+ Reply to Thread