+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Misfire on idle

VXRed

Car is still under warranty so cats are going back on, and putting it back in and pray it gets done under Warrenty lol if not forge time lol

VXRed

i covered this the other week if you have decat the car and not had the lamda's deleted then that is what probably killed the piston because the lamda's are reading the exhaust gasses thinking there is something wrong and changing the mixture of the engine making it run lean to compensate

so if anyone is thinking of just taking there cats off and putting a straight through pipe on then don't without doing it properly because it doesn't give you any more bhp and ye it does make your car sound a bit more louder but it wrecks the engine and will cost you a fortune

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    i covered this the other week if you have decat the car and not had the lamda's deleted then that is what probably killed the piston because the lamda's are reading the exhaust gasses thinking there is something wrong and changing the mixture of the engine making it run lean to compensate

so if anyone is thinking of just taking there cats off and putting a straight through pipe on then don't without doing it properly because it doesn't give you any more bhp and ye it does make your car sound a bit more louder but it wrecks the engine and will cost you a fortune
    It's been decatted for the best part of 2 years and best part of 30k miles tho with no other problems

Mines doing the same thing been decatted for about a year and abit

Best to get a compression test done

Mikes being having it down this week...

So keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

what i am saying is if you haven't done it properly ie had it mapped and had them deleted then that is what the car will do make it run lean, and think about it you say the car is a 15 plate and its done 38k and its dropping a piston...

what have they said with it being under warranty because i will be surprised if they done come back with you have been thrashing it or modded it in anyway to make it do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2