+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

I'll stick to my trusty snug fitting cd70 aux lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post

Got this xtrons direct fit , dab radio , mac, Bluetooth, sounds great only £189
    Does this Xtrons unit allow radio playback whilst the sat nav is active? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Does this Xtrons unit allow radio playback whilst the sat nav is active? Cheers.
    Yes you can still listen to the radio whilst the satnav is on. It just mutes the radio everytime the satnav is speaking

VXR newbie

Been reading this thread and im interested in doing this but not using that make i have been looking at
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112702732540

Just wondering if it will fit without too much work as i have heard its not plug and play

I'm assuming you will have to take it to a shop and get it wired up and then there's the fit, as it's not specifically made for corsa d then you may need some kind of cage/case but I'm not sure, I'd ask the seller if they know if it fits your car

VXR newbie

Thanks for the reply

VXR newbie

Well, just in case anyone is interested, I decided to go for the £189.99 XTRONS PDAB71OLO-B (shown above) and have fitted it in my 2013 VXR. So far, it seems really good.

Installation was straight forward but it was a bit tricky getting all the cables and stuff to sit snugly behind the unit. After a bit of fiddling, I managed it without having to remove the glove box.

I previously had DAB with the stock CD30 MP3 head-unit and I’ve succeeded in getting the XTRON’s DAB+ tuner working with my original antenna. I bought a cheap SMA male to Fakra Z male adaptor off Ebay and plugged the car’s green Fakra cable into it.

For the FM/AM radio, I’ve used an amplified adaptor and soldered the blue cable to the XTRON’s P-ANT cable. This adaptor provides connection for the car’s white Fakra cable.

I’ve confirmed that the Kudos maps can be replaced with something like iGO Primo. I used a spare 8GB micro SD Card formatted as FAT32.

I’m a right duffer when it comes to this kind of thing so I’m quite pleased with myself.

P.S. Looking on Ebay tonight, the PDAB71OLO-B can now be had for £179.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Well, just in case anyone is interested, I decided to go for the £189.99 XTRONS PDAB71OLO-B (shown above) and have fitted it in my 2013 VXR. So far, it seems really good.

Installation was straight forward but it was a bit tricky getting all the cables and stuff to sit snugly behind the unit. After a bit of fiddling, I managed it without having to remove the glove box.

I previously had DAB with the stock CD30 MP3 head-unit and I’ve succeeded in getting the XTRON’s DAB+ tuner working with my original antenna. I bought a cheap SMA male to Fakra Z male adaptor off Ebay and plugged the car’s green Fakra cable into it.

For the FM/AM radio, I’ve used an amplified adaptor and soldered the blue cable to the XTRON’s P-ANT cable. This adaptor provides connection for the car’s white Fakra cable.

I’ve confirmed that the Kudos maps can be replaced with something like iGO Primo. I used a spare 8GB micro SD Card formatted as FAT32.

I’m a right duffer when it comes to this kind of thing so I’m quite pleased with myself.

P.S. Looking on Ebay tonight, the PDAB71OLO-B can now be had for £179.99.
    This amount of faffing would put me off. Oe all the way.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Me too. Would have liked a Sat nav ability for my Club Sport but think I'll stick to my cell which fits nicely by gear lever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7