+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Cloak View Post
    Did you find the unit even pushed all the way in didnt quite sit as flush as the original unit?

Had one in mine and it sat flush at the top but stuck out slightly at the bottom even though it couldnt go any further back.
    No longer have it because it decided to never turn back on again for some reason.
    Had the same fitment on mine- flush at the top and sticking out a little at the bottom.. intended on cutting parts out the back of the cage that sits inside to get it perfect but never got round to it.. and just learned to forget about it to be honest!

.. I had the GPS antenna sitting up below the trim where the clock is but to be honest, you could sit it behind the HU like Desert_Cloak had done.. or behind the glovebox.. anywhere really.

I struggled to get a signal behind clock or glove box. So routed it behind the passenger side pillar trim.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Never turning back on doesn't sound too good lol let's hope that's not a common problem, ok instead of taking things off I may put behind unit, has anyone had problems with it over heating or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    On the link I provided for the product at the bottom it shows all cables labeled, numbers 7 and 8 are audio L & R which are connected to the black box, I'm assuming these don't need plugging in either, there's 25 wires lol but I'm assuming all I need pluging is black box unless I want sub video output hdmi 3g USB input etc
    Correct- the black block connects the majority of the unit.. the steering wheel controls, speakers etc... the only additional parts are the radio antenna (simple plug & play) and the USB connectors if you choose to use them.. with the Eonon I had I lost the DAB from the CD30 but wasn't fussed because I always used the SD card for tunes or Spotify after I installed it on the head unit.

Quote Originally Posted by baillie89 View Post
    Had the same fitment on mine- flush at the top and sticking out a little at the bottom.. intended on cutting parts out the back of the cage that sits inside to get it perfect but never got round to it.. and just learned to forget about it to be honest!

.. I had the GPS antenna sitting up below the trim where the clock is but to be honest, you could sit it behind the HU like Desert_Cloak had done.. or behind the glovebox.. anywhere really.
    Yeah i just lived with it myself lol.

Always considered getting another because i miss the bluetooth and satnav.

I did read somewhere that you can drill a hole in the back plate where there is already a small hole for the original unit and it sits in better.

Looks like I also need additional piece for dab radio, that would need wiring up too my model doesn't have dab as standard although like you say that ain't as important, thanks for the replys
    Last edited by Arron D; 13th February 2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arron D View Post
    Moderator approval?
    Yes you're new and if you hit a keyword it will mark it needing our approval etc that's all

Astra

VXR newbie

Does anyone know which fit in a 12 plate because they all seem to say 06-11 I canít find one thatís says itís for my year.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
    Does anyone know which fit in a 12 plate because they all seem to say 06-11 I canít find one thatís says itís for my year.
    I'd messaged Eonon about that but they don't seem to have updated it... the units should fit yours.. the one I'd bought, GA5156F, also said 06 - 11 but I fitted it to a 14 without any issues.

VXR newbie

Cheers pal that’s good enough for me if it works in your 14 plate it should work in mine a will just buy the same unit does the GA5156F allow you to use steering controls, connect Bluetooth and wire up a reverse camera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast