+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRo Official Translator Darkrain82's Avatar

Angry Vauxhall Diagnosing a fault using another customer?

I've got my car in the VX dealership for a gearbox whine diagnosis, and they're keeping me waiting until they can get another customer's VXR in and drive that to compare and see if that noise is present on theirs and therefore "normal".

I can't help but feel like this is a ridiculous way of troubleshooting a fault. They've had the gearbox out of the car and found play in the gears, which they can't say categorically is the source of the original fault but to my mind that demands a repair/replacement of some sort to rectify on its own?

There's no guarantee this 2nd VXR they bring in hasn't been ragged off its *******s to the point where its gearbox sounds even worse than mine and based on that fact they'll write it off as "sounds normal to me mate".

Is this normal practice for warranty repairs?

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

What, never heard of this way of fault finding - this is not the way to do it.

Raise a case with VX customer services, and ask for a VX technician to go out and see the car

Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    What, never heard of this way of fault finding - this is not the way to do it.

Raise a case with VX customer services, and ask for a VX technician to go out and see the car
    I've got a case open with them about this whole thing, and worryingly it was the dealership's "Master Tech" who suggested the comparison.

I work in IT, so not overly mechanical but I do know logical troubleshooting and this doesn't appear to be it.

VXRed blooded

That's shocking but I'm not surprised tbh, my wife has a Gtc with genuine vxr skirts, on the two occasions it's been in for a service they couldn't even lift it on the ramp with out crushing the sills! (And that's after me informing the service manager and the mechanic of what happened the last time!!)

I bought my vxr j brand new and I'm having it serviced by a good friend who owns his own garage, he knows now fussy I am and he is one of the bst mechanics I know, I would never leave my vxr with a Vauxhall garage, if they can't even get it up in the air without damaging it I fear what balls thy will make of anything that takes any type of skill :-(

I know your (Darkrain) Astra J is only 2 years old, and therefore covered by warranty.
    But I think I would change the gearbox oil, in line with the recommendations on here. If that does not fix it, go and see Warren.

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cossers View Post
    I bought my vxr j brand new and I'm having it serviced by a good friend who owns his own garage, he knows now fussy I am and he is one of the bst mechanics I know, I would never leave my vxr with a Vauxhall garage, if they can't even get it up in the air without damaging it I fear what balls thy will make of anything that takes any type of skill :-(
    This statement does not help the OP, as warranty repairs can only be done at a Vauxhall dealer.

I've worked in the motor trade at a main dealer and we never had anyone do that!
    It sounds like they don't really know what they are doing or how a good box should be like. Pretty shocking for a main dealer really.
    I've found that the competence of main dealer technicians varies considerably from dealer to dealer. I would be asking them to transfer the diagnostics and repairs to the care of an alternative main dealer. Vauxhall customer service may be worth a call to, so they can suggest and arrange another dealer to help you out.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

give me a text tomorrow bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Cheers G, will do 😀

I managed to speak to a CS manager today who seems to be making moves towards getting the car looked at elsewhere. Short version is they don’t hardly deal with any VXRs there so they’re ******** themselves if they action a repair/replacement and it’s not a fix that they’ll be billed themselves for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrain82 View Post
    Cheers G, will do 😀

I managed to speak to a CS manager today who seems to be making moves towards getting the car looked at elsewhere. Short version is they don’t hardly deal with any VXRs there so they’re ******** themselves if they action a repair/replacement and it’s not a fix that they’ll be billed themselves for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    was going to say get it booked in elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast