+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Astra vxr gearbox

Hi all just switch from a type r fn2 to Astra vxr arctic love it
    I got it from a garage 1 owner lady full service from main dealer 105000 mile a lot ino must be motorway feels solid and immaculate condition not tampered with timing done at 80000 new discs the list goes on no exspence sparred paid 500 for tyres anyway I have had it for a couple of weeks and the stick just started moving in 1st and 5th on accerating only slightly but read about the bearing no noise so I took it back and he said he will fix it it's in there yet now my questing is will the start to happen well go often now or once it is fixed should it be ok or is there away that the garage could just bodge job it , cheers

common on M32 gearboxes ,my opinion is to get it fully refurbished by a reputable company such as Halifax clutch and gearbox centre or WG motorworks ,more likely the bearings are failing and will need changing ,also get proper gearbox oil in ,Vauxhall stuff is ***** ,fuchs or millers

VXR newbie

Ok mate cheers il look into it still learning the car at min try na find out as much as I can and the drive of it power difference is huge from type r brings a smile

Enjoy. Is it standard or remapped?
    Stage 2 280bhp 330 torques, Remus exhaust, RARB and DAP springs

Quote Originally Posted by Johny vxr arctic View Post
    Ok mate cheers il look into it still learning the car at min try na find out as much as I can and the drive of it power difference is huge from type r brings a smile
    Oh Yeh, awesome car, love mine, mods are endless, mines rabbid tuned 287 bhp, LSD, uprated clutch, remus exhaust, bilstein b14's coilovers, whiteline RARB, airtec FMIC endless, bigger turbo next

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Just standard mate wanted it untouched so I could have the pride of doing it all myself ha

VXR newbie

Looks mint mate can't wait to start upgrading hopefully she will be fixed for Saturday

Once remapped your smile will spread to your ears lol
    Stage 2 280bhp 330 torques, Remus exhaust, RARB and DAP springs

VXR newbie

Haha I'm sure it will

Welcome aboard VxrO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

+ Reply to Thread