+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by paul76 View Post
    ive got a metalic rattle from drivers side of engine sounds like bad tappet or chains but were ever i take it no body seems to no can any one tell me how to get in touch with nick150 to see what he recons
    How does this relate to angrydog in helping him?
    Vectra VXR estate 07

VXR newbie

thanks v6spike

The Timing chain WILL stretch at some point, you will know by the symptoms and the varying error codes that will be displayed on an OBD Scanner, but once the chains have been replaced it will be good to go for quite a while, like many other VXR owners on this site mine were changed by Nick150 who is a guru at anything VXR, the new chains are made from a more resilient material and should last a lot longer.

And sometimes you may not get any associated symptoms as I didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 Arden Vectra VXR Estate. Bilstein B8 shocks (front), Eibach Prosport springs all round, Pioneer AVIC F970DAB HU, Pipercross and Ramair Custom Cones with ASH heat shield, MTECH Shortshifter, DO88 Intake kit, Custom Alloy pipework from Turbo to MAF.

VXRed

Thanks guys.

Sorry, I have been on honeymoon and been quite busy of late.

Are there any real world differences between the 255 and 280? I plan on tuning it and going bigger turbo.

I also have seen that 255's suffer less with the chains issue?

Cheers

I

Quote Originally Posted by angrydog View Post
    Thanks guys.

Sorry, I have been on honeymoon and been quite busy of late.

Are there any real world differences between the 255 and 280? I plan on tuning it and going bigger turbo.

I also have seen that 255's suffer less with the chains issue?

Cheers

I
    About 25 bhp mate. I think the Vectra across the range can suffer chain issues. It’s just a matter of time. Or it may never happen.

For a simple stage 1 map should take both 255/280 up close to 300bhp.

If you go bigger turbo then you’ll need larger IC updated fuel jets and a decent mapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 Arden Vectra VXR Estate. Bilstein B8 shocks (front), Eibach Prosport springs all round, Pioneer AVIC F970DAB HU, Pipercross and Ramair Custom Cones with ASH heat shield, MTECH Shortshifter, DO88 Intake kit, Custom Alloy pipework from Turbo to MAF.

VXRed

Thanks.

I think Rabbid are quite with these.

I note that the suspension and cams are different between the 255 and 280, but are these show stoppers when looking at tuning?

Rabbid is a good tuner. But there are a few out there. Had my ECU put back to standard (255) because my stage 1 was poor.

Suspension are the same just (I think) later models were IDS+. I guess cam profile will be different but I’m not sure, would like to know if this does make a difference in tuning.

Problem with the Vectra is that there’s not a great deal of options available for tuning unlike corsa’s and Astra’s

VXRed

Did you have a stage 1 tune by Rabbid?

Yeah I have noticed that. I've never had a hot hatch and I don't want to forge an Astra VXR so for me the Vectra makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by angrydog; 27th November 2017 at 04:26 PM.

No. I had a MWP stage 1 map (superchips) but after a couple of years I started to have issues. Had it smoke tested, actuator pressure tested but no issues. On the RR it came up a depressing 248bhp (when originally done it was 278 ish). Had rabbid put it back via Wayside Performance who were really good.

Plan is to locate the source of my issues fit my precat delete then a map.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast