+ Reply to Thread

Default Yellow Oil Light

Morning All,

When driving into work this morning I was sitting in traffic and the yellow oil light just randomly came on.

No change in revs / engine sound anything like that etc. Got to work, turned it off for 5 then checked oil and level was fine.

Had a search and looks to point to faulty sensor, just wondered would the oil pressure sensor cause a low level warning?

If so, is this easy enough to change? If not, what else should I be checking?

Cheers!
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Well if you will buy a corsa ......
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Morning All,

When driving into work this morning I was sitting in traffic and the yellow oil light just randomly came on.

No change in revs / engine sound anything like that etc. Got to work, turned it off for 5 then checked oil and level was fine.

Had a search and looks to point to faulty sensor, just wondered would the oil pressure sensor cause a low level warning?

If so, is this easy enough to change? If not, what else should I be checking?

Cheers!
    My daughters Corsa had similar problem , done all the usual checks , plenty oil ,smoke test etc ,it was the oil pressure switch which was faulty mate , hope this helps , she was worried but the new sensor solved it , she was advised to buy OE as the cheaper alternatives cause more problems , hope I have been of some help pal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
    My daughters Corsa had similar problem , done all the usual checks , plenty oil ,smoke test etc ,it was the oil pressure switch which was faulty mate , hope this helps , she was worried but the new sensor solved it , she was advised to buy OE as the cheaper alternatives cause more problems , hope I have been of some help pal .

Also it was due a long over due oil filter change , her Cam shaft position sensor ( crank ) was next to fail , possibly because she drives like a combination of Ken Block /Colin McRae love child .

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
    Also it was due a long over due oil filter change , her Cam shaft position sensor ( crank ) was next to fail , possibly because she drives like a combination of Ken Block /Colin McRae love child .

Haha nice one mate, can you advise how much the switch was from VX, and is it easy to swap?
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Haha nice one mate, can you advise how much the switch was from VX, and is it easy to swap?
    Hello sorry mate been working .
    The oil pressure sender rage from literally £5 Ebay Eurocaroarts etc up to £ 30 I think from VX i took it to my local mechanic I use and it took him literally under 10 mins . He said the sump would have to come off if it needed the oil level indicator done . I can find out the position exactly I remember him saying something about z16ler pre 10 plate and a16ler 10 plate onwards . It’s more annoying than serious please don’t fret mate keep an eye on your oil etc in the mean time . Or if your anything like my daughter you’ll be running around like your hairs on fire . Any way take care for now pal 👍🏻

+ Reply to Thread