+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust help

VXR newbie

Default Exhaust help

Hi,

I bought a black Corsa D VXR in September and so far all I have done is put a Pipercross cone filter on it. I now want to change my exhaust to make it louder and ideally get some pops and bangs. Now my question is, if I was to install the pipe in the picture I have attached how much difference will it make with the rest of the system being standard? The pipe in the pic will be removing the center silencer.

Thanks for any help!

shopping.jpg

When I bought my corsa the previous owner already had a silencer delete and the rest was standard. It’s only ever so slightly louder than standard, and you won’t get any pops or bangs with just this pipe. I recently added the remus backbox and it’s louder again with burbles and the occasional pop when cold or during gear changes. However if you want more you’ll need a decat
    Last edited by Alastair_; 2nd November 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Sapphire Black Corsa VXR - Northern Ireland

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair_ View Post
    When I bought my corsa the previous owner already had a silencer delete and the rest was standard. It’s only ever so slightly louder than standard, and you won’t get any pops or bangs with just this pipe. I recently added the remus backbox and you it’s louder again with burbles and the occasional pop when cold or during gear changes. However if you want more you’ll need a decat
    Thanks for this!

VXR newbie

So if I decided to go down the de cat route, would de catting it be enough for pops and bangs and be fairly loud or will I need to change the back box etc aswell? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGibbo View Post
    So if I decided to go down the de cat route, would de catting it be enough for pops and bangs and be fairly loud or will I need to change the back box etc aswell? Thanks.
    i know mines an astra an ures is corsa but maybe similar......

firstly i took out both cats ( not much changed)
    then took out centre restrictor (made it louder and rasped on boost....pops n bangs everytime i down gear)
    then took backbox off (better than any other exhaust pops n bangs like absolute mad in the morning when cold if i just touch boost and let off i get gun shots the whole way down the road lol be warned u MAY get police at a door tho haha) but the sound is immense.

hope this helps

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    i know mines an astra an ures is corsa but maybe similar......

firstly i took out both cats ( not much changed)
    then took out centre restrictor (made it louder and rasped on boost....pops n bangs everytime i down gear)
    then took backbox off (better than any other exhaust pops n bangs like absolute mad in the morning when cold if i just touch boost and let off i get gun shots the whole way down the road lol be warned u MAY get police at a door tho haha) but the sound is immense.

hope this helps
    thanks a lot, may be worth a try then

Or go for a full three inch system
    FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
    WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
    Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
    331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

VXRacing ahead

The pipe pictured is a backbox delete isn't it? Rather than a silencer delete. I had one of these one my old Corsa (if it is a backbox delete) and it was loud with plenty of pops and bangs.

VXR enough

No thats the silencer delete - i.e between backbox and cat section
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

When I was running the main cat, pre cat delete and backbox delete it used to pop and bang constantly and was a lot louder than my current full decat setup.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast