+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    Oh go on can you let me know exactly what figures you get please mate.
    Yh the Klassen was just added but I'll see what you get out of yours and go from there. Ah that's a biiig help that is aswell lol 😁

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    4th dec is d -day so yeah of course ill let you know

Quote Originally Posted by dan5589 View Post
    I would recommend adding a klassen inlet over k06

My car made 312bhp 341ft-lb

Standard K04
    3" piper with sports cat
    DNA intercooler
    Crossover delete with AEM cone filter
    Klassen inlet
    Forge recirc
    Turbosmart actutor
    Enhance top hat
    Rnd mapping

There was a guy in for mapping before me with pretty much the same spec except a cheaper Pegasus inlet manifold he left with only 297 and 300ft-lb so would recommend the extra on the klassen

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Oh yh thats descent enough figures but uve got a bit of a longer list too lol

Quote Originally Posted by hairyoscar6 View Post
    4th dec is d -day so yeah of course ill let you know
    Nice one mate I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Just safety and reliability isnt it. I suppose if you are chasing that magical 340-350 bhp limit with cams and over 360lbs of torque they want you having forged internals just in case it all goes **** up on the Dyno ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd be upset having to pay for forging for anything other than an efr build ..... I hear high revs is a major rod killer anyhoo so that explains it maybe ...
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I seem to recall percy ran a garrett on low boost at 360ish bhp on standard internals. Because it's not such an aggressive load on the engine like a high pressure high Rpm hybrid.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    I'd be upset having to pay for forging for anything other than an efr build ..... I hear high revs is a major rod killer anyhoo so that explains it maybe ...
    I think a forged build with cams and springs is a nice route with a K06

You don't hear of many going that route and selling up 6 months later. These people tend to keep their cars because they aren't unbearable to drive, still maintain decent reliability and are very quick and enough to this chassis

I think a nice little Garrett on a cast mani with about 380 bhp would be nice and enough though

I think a forged build with cams and springs is a nice route with a K06

You don't hear of many going that route and selling up 6 months later. These people tend to keep their cars because they aren't unbearable to drive, still maintain decent reliability and are very quick and enough to this chassis

I think a nice little Garrett on a cast mani with about 380 bhp would be nice and enough though

C that's all a bit much for me I'm still going to be using it as a daily and that sounds like a completely different amount of money to what I was thinking lol

Think I'll stick with ko4 and do the other bits mentioned and c what happens from there.

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    C that's all a bit much for me I'm still going to be using it as a daily and that sounds like a completely different amount of money to what I was thinking lol

Think I'll stick with ko4 and do the other bits mentioned and c what happens from there.

If it's your daily even more reason to make it more fun to drive 😉

Firstly you need to decide on budget, that will play a massive factor in what route you take.

You've also got to decide if 300 is enough, like really enough as I'm pretty sure when you first got your car it was fast enough. now it needs to be 300? Not taking p1ss either I'm speaking from experience

Are you going to be keeping the car long enough to warrant the expenditure? if so why not skip stage 3/3.5, save up longer and like ry has said forge it with cams, valves and turn the boost up. or go gtx/efr on either a cast or tubular manifold.

Before all this though I'd be looking at a rarb a diff, some way of improving braking either bbk or improved pads and get some decent suspension. a standard map with these mods would be a better car than without them but with 300bhp. that's the way I did it anyway, left the power until the car was ready for it 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 522 View Post
    If it's your daily even more reason to make it more fun to drive 😉

Firstly you need to decide on budget, that will play a massive factor in what route you take.

You've also got to decide if 300 is enough, like really enough as I'm pretty sure when you first got your car it was fast enough. now it needs to be 300? Not taking p1ss either I'm speaking from experience

Are you going to be keeping the car long enough to warrant the expenditure? if so why not skip stage 3/3.5, save up longer and like ry has said forge it with cams, valves and turn the boost up. or go gtx/efr on either a cast or tubular manifold.

Before all this though I'd be looking at a rarb a diff, some way of improving braking either bbk or improved pads and get some decent suspension. a standard map with these mods would be a better car than without them but with 300bhp. that's the way I did it anyway, left the power until the car was ready for it 😀

Deffo agree on the handling side of things before upping any power.

RARB and springs as a minimum.

B14s if you fancy Coilovers...they are worth the money!

Also going beyond 3 Stage 3/3.5 you will want big brakes and a diff. That's another 2k that you can easily forget about.

I only run uprated brake pads on mine and braided lines with some better fluid and find it find for my needs but I would like some bigger brakes eventually if I decide to keep mine for longer

Deffo agree on the handling side of things before upping any power.

RARB and springs as a minimum.

B14s if you fancy Coilovers...they are worth the money!

Also going beyond 3 Stage 3/3.5 you will want big brakes and a diff. That's another 2k that you can easily forget about.

I only run uprated brake pads on mine and braided lines with some better fluid and find it find for my needs but I would like some bigger brakes eventually if I decide to keep mine for longer

a lot of people in general, not just the vxr scene up the power without making the right adjustments/mods to allow for that power to be useable.

I've driven both a well tuned/modified Astra and a mapped/torqued up Astra without the necessary supporting mods and the difference was night and day.

people don't really appreciate how important and how much difference it can make, only downside it doesn't improve bhp so can't be worth it right? 😉

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast