+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Rear bumper diffuser help

Can anyone please advise me on what's needed for a full replacement rear diffuser?
    I woke up Thursday morning to find mine had been ripped off (along with my wind deflectors).
    So far I've purchased a fibreglass glossy copy from eBay along with a second hand genuine triangle exhaust trim.
    The thives kindly left me with the two outermost clips and a little bit of my old diffuser still attached

Is just the diffuser, triangle tip and new clips required?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil84 View Post
    Can anyone please advise me on what's needed for a full replacement rear diffuser?
    I woke up Thursday morning to find mine had been ripped off (along with my wind deflectors).
    So far I've purchased a fibreglass glossy copy from eBay along with a second hand genuine triangle exhaust trim.
    The thives kindly left me with the two outermost clips and a little bit of my old diffuser still attached

Is just the diffuser, triangle tip and new clips required?

Thanks
    It should be AFAIK?

I believe the diffuser itself is seperate from the bumper so a new diffuser and exhaust trim should be all thats needed providing they left the bumoer lol.

Sorry to hear though mate! Far too many scum bags about who don't want to pay for stuff.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

They did leave the bumper thankfully. 6 years ago my Corsa C was stripped of the Irmscher grille, skirts, splitter, and eyebrows along with the deflectors.
    Found I needed a 3rd part as the exhaust triangle is mounted on a support bracket. Just cost me £44 from Vauxhall. Luckily I got a good deal on a second hand triangle, as Vauxhall wanted £197 for it!

They did leave the bumper thankfully. 6 years ago my Corsa C was stripped of the Irmscher grille, skirts, splitter, and eyebrows along with the deflectors.
    Found I needed a 3rd part as the exhaust triangle is mounted on a support bracket. Just cost me £44 from Vauxhall. Luckily I got a good deal on a second hand triangle, as Vauxhall wanted £197 for it!
    £197 for the triangle!

Jesus, excuse me while I go strip my own car
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    £197 for the triangle!

Jesus, excuse me while I go strip my own car
    Well I'm absolutely gutted, I sold one of these rear support brackets and triangle for £30 last Sunday to someone on eBay as I've gone for the twin exit. Still got the actual diffuser itself if anybody wants to buy it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

That's not fair aha. Both of those parts are worth £241 from Vauxhall. Any chance I could fit this without removing the bumper?
    I've had a look underneath and there is still some of the original support bracket left (the top 3 holes).

VXRed

Default a little off-topic

A little off-topic sorry, but while were talking about the bumper, what is the purpose of the fins being blocked by a plastic ?
    Trust No one!

Quote Originally Posted by race View Post
    A little off-topic sorry, but while were talking about the bumper, what is the purpose of the fins being blocked by a plastic ?
    The little vents at the side? Not really sure, although It's not exactly a supercar so can't see them having any function really if they weren't blocked?

Think they're just purely cosmetic, although at least they do actually go through the bumper not like the Leon K1 vents and stuff.

That's not fair aha. Both of those parts are worth £241 from Vauxhall. Any chance I could fit this without removing the bumper?
    I've had a look underneath and there is still some of the original support bracket left (the top 3 holes).
    You can fit the diffuser and mount without removing the bumper but it's a lot easier to push all the diffuser clips into the bumper while it's off.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

+ Reply to Thread