+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Astra H vxr

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnes View Post
    Make sure your car is sound first. Anyway, is it standard or modded already? ...wat mods?

The RARB is a good shout by Ry. I bought mine with a RARB fitted but decided to take it off the other day when i was fitting coilovers. Drove it around for a couple of days then put it back on with new team dynamics 1.2, nice vredestein tyres and the coilovers. Honestly feels like im driving a formula 1 car compared to a monster truck lol
    Yeah its standard, not messed with. 70 thou on the clock, full dealer history and I’m the third owner 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_vxr86 View Post
    Yeah its standard, not messed with. 70 thou on the clock, full dealer history and I’m the third owner 👍🏻

I have got a direct feed set up coming, as i hate the cross over pipe

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    RARB all day long!!!!!

Or you could just get one once and be done with it ....
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRacing ahead

Honestly mate, I would check the paperwork for a gearbox rebuild and stem seals. If they haven't been done I would start preparing myself mentally for WHEN they do go. Has the turbo done 70k?

Id make sure its all sound, replace old worn rubber hoses with silicone and keep it quite standard to get used to it (you'll appreciate the mods more later too). Id also just go straight to stage 3 when you decide to...so crossover delete with cone, front mount cooler, turbo back 3inch and a top tuner remap. Get the RARB though and look into suspension, if you don't want coilovers a lot of people swear by DAP-R springs with bilstein b8 shocks.

VXRacing ahead

If you do buy coilovers dont buy that jom or ebay crap. 200 quid for suspension doesn't make sense. Minimum i would get is those AP's but for £100-£150 more you can get bilstein b14's. If money is no object KW variant 3 lol

VXR newbie

If you do buy coilovers dont buy that jom or ebay crap. 200 quid for suspension doesn't make sense. Minimum i would get is those AP's but for £100-£150 more you can get bilstein b14's. If money is no object KW variant 3 lol
    Whats the life span of these turbos?
    Gear box has no noise or movement in any gear, moving or stood still

Sound advice. The APs are supposed to be very good for the money but a bit more will grab you B14s which are superb. Got them on mine and with the RARB it handles like it's on rails

Rich boi coilover appreciation society in full swing
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_vxr86 View Post
    Whats the life span of these turbos?
    Gear box has no noise or movement in any gear, moving or stood still
    Probably about 120k - but that's subjective depending on how hard the car has been driven, properly cooled down/warmed up, etc. Regular oil changes (every 6 months) will help increase the life of them! I'm sure i read somewhere that 90% of turbo failure is down to poor maintenance!

They are strong units and very reliable when maintained correctly. Loads of people run stage 3 maps on the standard turbo with no issues.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tye_time View Post
    Probably about 120k - but that's subjective depending on how hard the car has been driven, properly cooled down/warmed up, etc. Regular oil changes (every 6 months) will help increase the life of them! I'm sure i read somewhere that 90% of turbo failure is down to poor maintenance!

They are strong units and very reliable when maintained correctly. Loads of people run stage 3 maps on the standard turbo with no issues.
    Thats good to know 👍🏻

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2