+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11
    VXR enough Ant21's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th September 2013
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Ah right. I wondered what the second slot was for. Spose it makes sense.

    Where do to place the gps aerial? Sorry if it sounds noob, due my first CID cd70 soon and just want to know the ins and outs.
    I’ve got my gps aerial next to my centre speaker. Tried to place it under the glovebox and around the dash area but it just doesn’t get a signal. Needs to be as close to the window as possible. Cable is ran under the dash so you can’t even tell.

  2. #12
    VXR Nothing comes close w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    So the aerial has to be exposed on the dash by the bottom of the windscreen?
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  3. #13
    VXR enough Ant21's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th September 2013
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    So the aerial has to be exposed on the dash by the bottom of the windscreen?
    Nah not at all. Mine is under the centre speaker grille. It just needs to be close to the window so that it gets a decent signal. You can check for satellite signal on the navi hidden menu.

    In other words. You cannot tell that my unit has been retrofitted.

  4. #14
    VXR Nothing comes close w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    Nah not at all. Mine is under the centre speaker grille. It just needs to be close to the window so that it gets a decent signal. You can check for satellite signal on the navi hidden menu.

    In other words. You cannot tell that my unit has been retrofitted.
    Where are they when factory fitted?
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  5. #15
    VXR Nothing comes close w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    12,391
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  6. #16
    VXRed tifty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th March 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    I’ve got my gps aerial next to my centre speaker. Tried to place it under the glovebox and around the dash area but it just doesn’t get a signal. Needs to be as close to the window as possible. Cable is ran under the dash so you can’t even tell.
    I had this in my Vectra 2.0T, I had the GPS aerial within the center speaker but nothing, moved it to sit basically on top and it was totally different

  7. #17
    VXR enough Ant21's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th September 2013
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Where are they when factory fitted?
    They are in the main aerial base. Think they look slightly different but unless you know what to look for then you won’t notice.

  8. #18
    VXR enough Ant21's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th September 2013
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tifty101 View Post
    I had this in my Vectra 2.0T, I had the GPS aerial within the center speaker but nothing, moved it to sit basically on top and it was totally different
    Strange. Mine works fine where it is, I get at least 7 satellites visible as seen within the hidden menu.

  9. #19
    VXR Nothing comes close w20adm's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd June 2010
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    They are in the main aerial base. Think they look slightly different but unless you know what to look for then you won’t notice.
    Ah right. Yeah I've seen the aerial bases. I'm a stickler for or look to each detail so I may have to swap the base. Do you know how?
    Last edited by w20adm; 7th November 2017 at 06:46 PM.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  10. #20
    VXR enough Ant21's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th September 2013
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Ah right. Yeah I've seen the aerial bases. I'm a stickler for or look to each detail so I may have to swap the base. Do you know how?
    Yep. The how is not too. It’s a pig of a job and requires removal of the headliner or at least the part near the boot. Plus it’s unlikely you’ll have the wiring in place as you’ll need the second fakra wire for the gps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts