+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help required

VXR newbie

Default help required

hi,im new HERE and looking to buy a vauxhall zafira vxr.so i thought this might be the best place to ask about what to look out for problem wise etc.Hopefully be a owner of one teusday or wednesday.

Common issues are Gearbox, clunking into gear, whining from the box especially is 5th & 6th, vibration at speed (driveshafts or diff) - £500 - £1200 to rectify - Applies to any Vauxhall with a M32 gearbox to fair.
    Electric's in REAR door looms - Windows not working, central locking not locking but common on all Zaf B & A's - £30 per side for new looms
    Leaking from rocker cover, oil cap - £13 for gasket - £5 for oil cap seal.
    Smoking on startup - tick over at lights - Valve stem seals £40 for uprated ones - Which needs the rocker cover, cambelt and cams to be removed
    Drooping wing to front bumper mounts - £15 for the pair
    Cracked alloys on inner edge (Usually on 19's)
    Knocking from rear end - Rear bushes £90 for uprated ones
    Knocking from front suspension could be anything from drop links to lower arms to top mounts.
    Smoking all the time or between changing gear - Turbo on its way out
    Oil leaks in general - Another common one is the breather that runs from the right corner of the rocker cover to the bottom front right of the block - Just needs removing and resealing - 10min job as it's 2 13mm bolts.
    Fuel consumption 28-35 miles per gallon.
    Check that the horn works with the lights on and off / also heaters as this could be a CIM fault.
    Make sure if it has AC the recalls have been done - should be paperwork to prove, if it's a ECC model there is no recall (AS YET).

None of the above include fitting and most of the faults are common on the Astra H Vxr

Don't get me wrong, even with these day to day issues they are still great fun to drive.

If you can get ahold of the reg - pm me and I will check to see if it's known to another club I'm part of.

VXR newbie

Thank you very much for that,that’s a great help and I really can’t wait to own one.I will pm you when I have the regs as I’m seeing a couple over the next few days.Once again thanks for the info and I will speak to you soon cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries mate, glad to help

Just for information purposes, if you can get one with AFL's, power fold mirrors, CD70 Stereo (Has a colour screen) options they are more desirable.

Try not to buy one with keyless entry as they cost a packet when they go wrong, the better spec ones are late 07 / 08 most 08 have black centre dash but have the keyless entry.

If your after a cheap one pm me as I know where a red 06 one is for sale for peanuts and has been forged.
    Last edited by Kawi Kris; 12th November 2017 at 10:45 PM.

VXR newbie

Thanks mate I will bear that in mind

VXR newbie

I live in London so I’m hoping it wouldn’t be too far if I took that option

+ Reply to Thread