+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spark plugs

Default Spark plugs

A friend gave me a set of NGK iridiums for the vxr he had spare, box is from Courtneys model BKR6eix 6418 says they've a 0.7 mm gap are these ok to use, I've had a nosey about the forums and there's mixed opinions on the IX plugs and horror stories just wondered if these are suitable wasn't sure about the 0.7 gap

I have these from courts they run a bit cooler for stage 3 cars , or you can still use standard as well, they will be fine nothing to worry about and 0.7mm is correct.
    stage 3

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpmcfc View Post
    A friend gave me a set of NGK iridiums for the vxr he had spare, box is from Courtneys model BKR6eix 6418 says they've a 0.7 mm gap are these ok to use, I've had a nosey about the forums and there's mixed opinions on the IX plugs and horror stories just wondered if these are suitable wasn't sure about the 0.7 gap
    They are fine, however they come with a pregap of 0.8mm which is correct for the car ( checked with NGK ..... ) all other measurements are the same as the std NGK plug ie reach, thread etc etc

Courtenay MS are the only tuner who recommend a gap of 0.7mm mostly with their maps HOWEVER I strongly suggest you don't even try to alter to 0.7mm as you will find it extremely difficult and cause damage to the tips and ultimately to your engine when it fails off .............

I use the BKR8’s in mine. I just stick them straight in as they are
    Mk4 Astra GSi and Corsa D VXR

Clique 16 (unofficial)

+ Reply to Thread