+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Need help, clunking suspension issue

Doing my head in this one!

Had a bit of creaking sort of from the front end, so I changed the top mounts on both sides, didn't help.

Creaking got worse so had the CV joints replaced.

That seems to have got rid of the creaking, but now i've got a knocking sort of sound.

Car has also had new track rod ends and ARB Drop links around 4-5 month ago so don't think it'll be them.

The clunk happens worst when coming to a stop or pulling away, doesn't happen side to side etc.

Any ideas appreciated!
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Check the front lower subframe brace, might have been bent up the way and fouling on the exhaust

Other than that check engine mounts, the bottom gearbox stabiliser mounts can fail, and check wishbone bushes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Could also be something like the brake pad fitting kit

VXR enough

Knocking is usually balljoints.

You've changed all except the wishbone-hub balljoint but the sounds of it so that'd be on my list, especially if the car is a high miler.

Unfortunately you can't change them by themselves...they come as part of the wishbone so if you replace those you are ruling out 2 potential problems (wishbone bushes and the balljoint).

IIRC i got 2 wishbones delivered a month ago off ebay for £50 so cheap fix for something quite big.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXR enough

In fact here you go, they're down to £40 delivered now;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-VAUXH...72.m2749.l2649
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    In fact here you go, they're down to £40 delivered now;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-VAUXH...72.m2749.l2649
    As suggested above I checked the subframe brace last night but that was fine (spaced it down slightly with some metal washers when I got the exhaust fitted as it was knocking initially on that).

Going to go for the wishbones next as you say, thats all it can be now surely! cheers for the link too mate!

Cheers for the suggestions everyone else too
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

It's either the wishbone or antiroll bar.

+ Reply to Thread