+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rattle

VXRed

Default rattle

Rattle on start up every time I start the car astra j vxr 2017 3200 miles any ideas it just doesn't sound right

I suspect you are hearing the high pressure fuel pump, perfectly normal and there are various threads about it on here.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 ***

VXRed

This could be DMF, subframe brace making contact with the flexi also (mine was fitted upside down)

I get the same rattle mate, is it like a quick sharp crunch grimding sound on start up then its gone 1 or 2 seconds?
    My car has been back to vaux for a rattling when it is on idle, they replaced the vac pump and not cured it and now they want to fit a new fuel pump. So where we will go from their is anyones guess.
    My car is 17reg 4300miles
    Flash Blue, Aero Pack, 20"Wheels, Michellin Tyres, Full Leather Napa Blue, Navi 950, Infinity Sound, AFL Lights, Vxr Online Stickers, Private Reg, Enhance Performance Cat-Back Non-Res with 2nd Decat. 4H-Tech Shortshifter, Team Heko Wind Deflectors. Rallyflapz.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by HO11SAM View Post
    I get the same rattle mate, is it like a quick sharp crunch grimding sound on start up then its gone 1 or 2 seconds?
    My car has been back to vaux for a rattling when it is on idle, they replaced the vac pump and not cured it and now they want to fit a new fuel pump. So where we will go from their is anyones guess.
    My car is 17reg 4300miles
    Is it not just you thinking it’s making a noise on start up for a few seconds sometimes it’s all in the head mate or is it very loud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mitchvxr View Post
    Rattle on start up every time I start the car astra j vxr 2017 3200 miles any ideas it just doesn't sound right
    Unless you have had the vehicle serviced recently, and they under brace has been fitted upside down. It's very likely that its a dual mass flywheel noise. If you can post up a video that would help greatly.
    2016 Holden Astra J VXR - Arden Blue

Qualified Automotive Technician and aspiring Automotive YouTuber.
    CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL -> Diligent Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticH View Post
    This could be DMF, subframe brace making contact with the flexi also (mine was fitted upside down)
    Yes mate agree, my first oil change and the garage had fitted the brace upside down. I believe the round edge should be facing down. Issue only occurred when the vehicle was on a flat level surface. I discussed issue with garage (not blaming them) and they appreciated my stance. But together we worked it out, was really happy to resolve it, I realised anything could go wrong at any time, just wanted it sorted. At least the garage had learnt something for the future eh!
    2017 Black FULLY LOADED Navi950

+ Reply to Thread