+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Buying Astra vxr

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. My question is I’m thinking of buying a 2014 Astra VXR is there anything I need to look out for. Cheers

Just a few point's in this Thread if it helps .....http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...tra+vxr+faults

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie 61 View Post
    Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. My question is I’m thinking of buying a 2014 Astra VXR is there anything I need to look out for. Cheers
    Yes an Astra vxr that's for sale

Quote Originally Posted by COSWORTH View Post
    Yes an Astra vxr that's for sale
    haha

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Play in the gearbox!
    Astra Nürburgring Edition No.534

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Play in the gearbox!
    Whilst I totally agree that this is the main 'expensive' thing to pay particular attention to, I'm surprised you haven't had the 'astra police' and apparently now the ' gearbox police' having a pop at you! There are unfortunately some on here who cannot cope with any part of vxr's being criticized and believe they are faultless cars!
    They do have some weak areas, as all cars do, namely gearbox and stem seals I think. However, compared to other brands, repair costs are reasonable and I doubt you will find any other hot hatch to give you better value for money. To get more fun from a car, you will need to spend a ton more to top a VXR!
    There are various threads on common faults, but if the later gearbox that was fitted to the corsa was also fitted to the Astra, it had updated bearings and a larger fluid reservoir as these were major factors in gearbox failures, so are less of an issue with later cars.
    I'm sure someone will know if the uprated boxes were fitted to both, so could confirm this?
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Whilst I totally agree that this is the main 'expensive' thing to pay particular attention to, I'm surprised you haven't had the 'astra police' and apparently now the ' gearbox police' having a pop at you! There are unfortunately some on here who cannot cope with any part of vxr's being criticized and believe they are faultless cars!
    They do have some weak areas, as all cars do, namely gearbox and stem seals I think. However, compared to other brands, repair costs are reasonable and I doubt you will find any other hot hatch to give you better value for money. To get more fun from a car, you will need to spend a ton more to top a VXR!
    There are various threads on common faults, but if the later gearbox that was fitted to the corsa was also fitted to the Astra, it had updated bearings and a larger fluid reservoir as these were major factors in gearbox failures, so are less of an issue with later cars.
    I'm sure someone will know if the uprated boxes were fitted to both, so could confirm this?
    Lol we all know the gearbox can be a weak point but as pointed out to you so many times not everyone suffers but you seem to be suffering from memory loss maybe you need to be checked over being you seem to post same useless info

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

To op the Astra in the h and j are built very well and looked after will serve you well ,

Agree with Perry. If you get a nice example there should be no issues unless you're really unlucky.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Agree with the above comments, a well looked after example should have no major issues. These engines are very reliable when maintained correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast