+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Pre-cat delete pipe ?

What's the best pre-cat delete pipe to get regals is £345.00 but I haven't got any other prices does this amount sound right and is the quality any good I'd hope so with it being dear and info would be greatfull thanks

VXRed blooded

Hi,
    which one are you talking about ? the DownPipe directly after the turbo outlet ? or the secondary pipe/cat between the DP and the catback ?

Number 39 => secondary pipe / secondary cat / main cat (which is not the main one as lambda sensors are before this one).
    Or number 22 => DP / main cat / pre cat (main one as lamdba sensors are before and after this one).

https://nemiga.com/cat_spares/epc/opel/g09/g7/12/
    Last edited by Enthanal; 24th November 2017 at 10:51 AM.

From the turbo mate so it's the pre-cat not the main cat, I hope I've described right so it's the 1 straight from the turbo so it eliminates the pre-cat
    How many pipes r there between the turbo and the main cat ?
    Last edited by foxumall; 24th November 2017 at 11:35 AM.

VXRed blooded

There is one pipe of "S" shape which is the Downpipe.
    It holds both lambda sensors and one cat, First o2 sensor is used for injection, placed just after the turbo and before this first cat.
    the cat is used to catalyse exhaust gas to de-polluate.
    Then there is the second o2 sensor, which is used to check the cat condition and light the MIL on dashboard if not good (or not present ).

---
    Then there is a second pipe, like a "L", called secondary cat.
    It holds a flexi ble part and a cat, but is not checked by sensors. So the second cat is not really used

---
    After that there is the long silencer, running toward the rear axle, holding a silencer and terminating by a "Y"

---
    Last are the back boxes, silencers on both sides.

-----

Thus, if you replace the DP, meaning the very first pipe/cat, you will end up with MIL and error code unless a remap disable the second sensor, or you place a spacer (no idea if this works).
    I think Regal and probably Courtenay are both using FMS (https://shop.friedrich-motorsport.de ).

One more way is to relocate the second O2 sensor after the secondary cat /sport cat if replaced.
    -

To come back to you original question, if you think about putting a big bore 3"/76mm DP without cat, I only know the FMS one... which is resold by other vendors.

If you were thinking about the secondary pipe, then there are several brands, all good I would say, like scorion, FMS, bastuck.

Wow that's what u call a write up thanku mate for all your help and information u have helped me with nice 1 thanks
    Is it the same set up as the Vectra ?
    Last edited by foxumall; 24th November 2017 at 02:29 PM.

What's the quality like mate ?

VXRed

you dont HAVE to get a tune to remove the cel.

you can get a defouler to "trick" the o2 sensor, people been doing that on 2.8T saab aeros for years.

if you do get it i'd recommend to get it ceramic coated to help with heat management in the engine bay
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Quote Originally Posted by fredoops View Post
    you dont HAVE to get a tune to remove the cel.

you can get a defouler to "trick" the o2 sensor, people been doing that on 2.8T saab aeros for years.

if you do get it i'd recommend to get it ceramic coated to help with heat management in the engine bay
    Thanks mate I'll be heat wrapping it to be fair
    With my vectra I just fitted the pre-cat de-cat pipe and had no issues what so ever so y will it b different with the insignia ?
    Last edited by foxumall; 25th November 2017 at 12:43 PM.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by foxumall View Post
    Thanks mate I'll be heat wrapping it to be fair
    With my vectra I just fitted the pre-cat de-cat pipe and had no issues what so ever so y will it b different with the insignia ?
    Shrugs, dunno, maybe the vectra one had a defouler already welded in place.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast