+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default corsa vxr nurburgring fully forged stage 3 help

Hey

First post here since joining, mainly been a lurker and learning as much as i can from others experience.

I have a corsa vxr burg, currently has airtec cooler, larger injectors, fully forged engine (low comp pistons), full piper exhaust turbo back with sports cat and forge recirc valve with standard airbox and panel filter and a stage 2 uprated sachs clutch with dual mass flywheel.

Car was forged only 3000 miles ago by thorney motorsport, thorney gave me a running in map upon leaving and well 3000 miles later the tms intercooler went pop so i fitted a airtec which is what i wanted in the first place, currently waiting on thorney to confirm if they will replace old intercooler under warranty !

Anyway i have now went ahead with the stage 3 remap and my figures where 234bhp and 218lbs torque, i'm happy with bhp as can be expected from low comp pistons but the torque is dreadfull, my thorney running in map felt as if it had more torque, the tuner who is mapping the car did say they thought the figures where low due to the new clutch which was only just fitted or a faulty sensor.

My question is what sort of torque figures should ii be looking for from the car ? , I have heard because i am forged i can push the torque figures higher than normal on stage 3, I Have read various threads on here and everybody has diff answers, basically what is the max torque i can run baring in mind im still on standard turbo ?

any help or comments much appreciated

i would have a thought you would have been looking for around 250lbft from a stage 3 map but it depends on where you go but remember dyno figures and never the same from 1 dyno to another
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

VXRed

yeh, I know all dyno's are different, its just on the road the car feels it has less pull than my stage 1 running in map lol, plus its all about the torque for me, i have seen people quote upto 280 lbs torque just wondering if that was realistic ? I do intend on going to ko4 with cams in the next 6 months and that will be me i think lol

a k04 corsa is great fun makes it a very nice usable toy
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

VXRed

yeh, I can't wait till i have funds for k04 ��, car is going back in in a few weeks need to run in new clutch, currently at 400 miles so need to do another 200 odd then get map tweaked, hopefully get a lot better figures than previously, will post dyno once mapped again hopefully you guus could share your thoughts as im a bit of a noob with all this stuff ��, thanks for your input so far though appreciate it ��

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by stefk View Post
    yeh, I can't wait till i have funds for k04 😁, car is going back in in a few weeks need to run in new clutch, currently at 400 miles so need to do another 200 odd then get map tweaked, hopefully get a lot better figures than previously, will post dyno once mapped again hopefully you guus could share your thoughts as im a bit of a noob with all this stuff 😁, thanks for your input so far though appreciate it 👍
    so got second dyno done and massive improvement on first time, still doesnt feel as quick as what it used to be but need's new actuator (current one weak) and 3.0 bar map sensor to hold better and more boost, must say though im pleased with my current tuner they are very helpfull and local which helps.

Thought i would also say Thorney have came through with a replacement intercooler too so I have a tms pace intercooler for sale if anyone interested

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

VXRed

yeh, I can't wait till i have funds for k04 😁, car is going back in in a few weeks need to run in new clutch, currently at 400 miles so need to do another 200 odd then get map tweaked, hopefully get a lot better figures than previously, will post dyno once mapped again hopefully you guus could share your thoughts as im a bit of a noob with all this stuff 😁, thanks for your input so far though appreciate it 👍
    so clutch has been bedded in and i have slightly better results on second dyno, car feels good from 4k rpm onwards but before 4k it feels standard, been told i need uprated actuator and 3 bar map sensor for better results, so next step will be to replace these and see where we are then, here is the dyno graph

VXRed

Okay so drove car little more and it does feel better than before lower down the rev range but still not right, I honestly dont think its the map as the tuner im using have an extremly good reputation and they have been very helpful, i suppose i will need to try the new actuator and map sensor and see where we are then, Also to add Thorney have came through on replacing my intercooler under warranty whi h im pleased about so now have a brand new pace intercooler for sale if any1 is interested, hopefully have new actuator and map sensor just after new year so will post results once these have been ftted and fingers crossed it fixes the low end performance.

been told i need uprated actuator and 3 bar map sensor for better results, so next step will be to replace these and see where we are then
    "I say this bluntly – on all mapping by anyone, before Rabbid ROM, fitting an uprated MAP sensor was pointless hence we didn’t bother. If you were told you needed one, you were either conned, or someone didn’t understand the ECU in detail."

That's from WG motorworks blog, I'm not sure how much difference a 3 mar MAP sensor will make mate unless your tuner knows how to take advantage of it lol.

Here's a link to the full piece if you want to have a read - http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/rabbid...ra-h-vxr-ecus/
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Hi Mate

Appreciate the info, i have heard that the ecu cant read 3 bar map sensors but im basically putting my trust in m current tuner, as said previously my car was rebuilt and mapped by thorney and the thorney running in map felt a lot better than my current map, the only thing that stopped me going back to thorney was the distance as im in glasgow/scotland but i do follow rabbid's facebook and if im honest he would now be my first choice, I'm really not happy with my current map though at all and im getting fed up going back and forward so i think after new year i will bite the bullet and go for the long drive down to rabbid for a stage 3 map as this one isnt great at all, thanks for the info, really appreciate it ��

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast