+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stefk View Post
    Hi Mate

Appreciate the info, i have heard that the ecu cant read 3 bar map sensors but im basically putting my trust in m current tuner, as said previously my car was rebuilt and mapped by thorney and the thorney running in map felt a lot better than my current map, the only thing that stopped me going back to thorney was the distance as im in glasgow/scotland but i do follow rabbid's facebook and if im honest he would now be my first choice, I'm really not happy with my current map though at all and im getting fed up going back and forward so i think after new year i will bite the bullet and go for the long drive down to rabbid for a stage 3 map as this one isnt great at all, thanks for the info, really appreciate it ��
    what about ecotune? Always heard good things about them!

VXRed

tried them originally and they said because i needed clutch and flywheel best bet would be gi motorsport as they didnt have much experience fitting these clutches, i suppose im honestly just going to wait till i have cash and go to rabbid as he is the best at mapping these cars, ive never heard a bad word about him but at the same time im thinking is it my car at fault here but if the actuator was weak i wouldnt have any boost as it looks like a mapping issue to me seen as its spikes so much

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by stefk View Post
    tried them originally and they said because i needed clutch and flywheel best bet would be gi motorsport as they didnt have much experience fitting these clutches, i suppose im honestly just going to wait till i have cash and go to rabbid as he is the best at mapping these cars, ive never heard a bad word about him but at the same time im thinking is it my car at fault here but if the actuator was weak i wouldnt have any boost as it looks like a mapping issue to me seen as its spikes so much
    right given it more thought and im now convinced something on my car aint working properly wether it be the actuator or a sensor, so sticking with gi motorsport as they have been very helpfull upto now and have a good reputation, just need to figure out whats wrong with my car now, probs be quiet for a while as im skint till after crimbo but will update once resolved, thanks for all the help though 😁

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What mapping software do GI use mate?

I'm planning on going stage 3 once i've got 395cc injectors and an Airtec FMIC and looking for someone who can do mapping in Scotland so i don't have to travel miles

VXRed

im not sure mate, gi motorsport have a very good reputation and they know their stuff, they are very helpfull too, dont let my experience put u off as there is an underlying issue with my car that is causing the problem, my car isnt holding boost which is possibly the actuator or map sensor, but yeh i would recommend if your planning on using them, they are really good for labour price and can get you discount on parts too, have u got full system exhaust too ???.

I know GI are good.......... took my car there for years until i moved through to East Lothian. Gary knows his stuff.

they did all the work on my Mk1 Leon Cupra R, my Bora TDI and i even did the 150 mile round trip to get my old scooby mapped

I just wasn't sure what software they use, someone mentioned that its was Regal maps.

If its regal maps i won't be using them, nothing against GI, just i've heard lots of bad things about Regal maps

I have a Scorpion double decat and Remus cat back
    Last edited by seanaldo1987; 20th December 2017 at 12:55 PM.

VXRed

They don't use regal anymore they do their own custom mapping mate, the only thing that puts me off regal was there ipf (generic maps) lol heard a few horror storys about those

Well finding that out has just confirmed who I will be having map my car then

Would love a Rabbid map but its just too far away

Quote Originally Posted by seanaldo1987 View Post
    Well finding that out has just confirmed who I will be having map my car then

Would love a Rabbid map but its just too far away
    worth the trip
    FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
    WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
    Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
    331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

Quote Originally Posted by andygray View Post
    worth the trip
    Would either have an overnight stay or have to set off in the middle of the night its that far.

I'm just outside Edinburgh

So any cost for mapping would have £80 of fuel on top of that plus the cost of a nights hotel stay

its bad enough i am having to travel 5 hours just to get my gearbox refurbed by a reputable firm
    Last edited by seanaldo1987; 21st December 2017 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast