+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Default Front grill number plate access

Iím wanting to remove front lower grille and possibly my number plate access.Just seeing if itís a pain of a job to do and where would I clip outside temp sensor on lower grill thanks

VXR enough

I don't get what you're asking.

If its how to remove the lower grill then you'd be best taking the whole front bumper off first.

Remember the grille is there for a purpose, if you remove it expect your intercooler to be more at risk from stone damage
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

I would recommend using some type of mesh if you're going to remove the lower grille.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

As above, I'd mesh it over.

Removed mine and just ordered a plain black mesh from ebay, about 12 quid for 2 big sheets of it.

Then i just pushed the outside temp sensor into a hole in the upper honeycombe part and it's pretty solid it's never budged in 3 or 4 months.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed blooded

Yeah what I meant was I’ve seen people with bottom grille out and was just seeing where people was clipping the out temperature sensor. And to see if many people have cut the number later surround out to make it like a wide mouth bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2808 View Post
    Yeah what I meant was I’ve seen people with bottom grille out and was just seeing where people was clipping the out temperature sensor. And to see if many people have cut the number later surround out to make it like a wide mouth bumper
    Ah yeah when I removed it from the bottom grille, I just pushed it into a hole in the top grille that was small enough to be a tight fit and as I say it's stayed in there no bother!
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    As above, I'd mesh it over.

Removed mine and just ordered a plain black mesh from ebay, about 12 quid for 2 big sheets of it.

Then i just pushed the outside temp sensor into a hole in the upper honeycombe part and it's pretty solid it's never budged in 3 or 4 months.
    Have you got any pictures of your grille since you meshed it? Would be interested in seeing how it looks on the best colour (silver) for the corsa.

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Have you got any pictures of your grille since you meshed it? Would be interested in seeing how it looks on the best colour (silver) for the corsa.
    Yeah I have this one mate, looks pretty good on silver Iíd say

Or this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Yeah I have this one mate, looks pretty good on silver I’d say

Or this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks really good, interested in doing the same to mine as I've also got the plain aluminium cooler (forge). Can I ask where you got the mesh from and what size mesh you needed to cover the hole. Last question what did you use to hold the mesh in place. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iamphil View Post
    Looks really good, interested in doing the same to mine as I've also got the plain aluminium cooler (forge). Can I ask where you got the mesh from and what size mesh you needed to cover the hole. Last question what did you use to hold the mesh in place. Thanks.
    Cheers! and the mesh was just from ebay, my mate ordered it as it came in a pack of two and he done his astra with it as well, will double check which one he ordered and let you know mate!

As for fixing it on, I'll have to get a picture to show you better, but basically I've cut all the tabs off that the original grille attaches too apart from along the top and the sides, and then I used a tiny drill to drill a little hole through each of the tabs that are left and put a cable tie through and then just attach the mesh there so inside it isn't perfectly flush to the bumper along the top but you can't see that and it is flush along the bottom so looks all good!

Alternatively, another mate of mine cut all of the tabs off altogether, used mastik or something to glue little blocks of wood to the inside and then screwed the mesh onto those. Looks quite tidy but I didn't wanna do that cause I had a fear of the wood coming detached from the bumper haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast