+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Cheers! and the mesh was just from ebay, my mate ordered it as it came in a pack of two and he done his astra with it as well, will double check which one he ordered and let you know mate!

As for fixing it on, I'll have to get a picture to show you better, but basically I've cut all the tabs off that the original grille attaches too apart from along the top and the sides, and then I used a tiny drill to drill a little hole through each of the tabs that are left and put a cable tie through and then just attach the mesh there so inside it isn't perfectly flush to the bumper along the top but you can't see that and it is flush along the bottom so looks all good!

Alternatively, another mate of mine cut all of the tabs off altogether, used mastik or something to glue little blocks of wood to the inside and then screwed the mesh onto those. Looks quite tidy but I didn't wanna do that cause I had a fear of the wood coming detached from the bumper haha.
    Thanks a lot mate.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Yeah I have this one mate, looks pretty good on silver I’d say

Or this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can I ask where you had your front number plate from and what size it is. Thanks Rob

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VXRed

why does the bumper always look a different colour at certain angles

mine does the same but its red

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys clubsport View Post
    Can I ask where you had your front number plate from and what size it is. Thanks Rob

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure it was 520mm x 80mm mate, I'd have to double check but %99 sure that was the size!

The website was platecreator.com I believe.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by raz0083 View Post
    why does the bumper always look a different colour at certain angles

mine does the same but its red
    Yeah I think most of them do! something to do with the different material of the bumper I think as opposed to the metal?
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2