+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Default 59 plate VXR Problems

Hi guys

I purchase a vxr about 3 months ago and have had a few issue which are annoying me at the moment

1 - had an issue with the clutch, I found that the gears would not engage sometimes, especially when cold and I realised the clutch pedal was not disengaging and had to pull it up with my foot, so the garage firstly replaced the clutch regulator which never solved the problem, so I ended up taking to another garage who said they should have changed the master cylinder again which has been done....however on a drive from London to Newcastle I found that on some odd occasions there was some resistance in the gear change. Any ideas or am I to expect a large bill for a new clutch (garage I brought it from change the clutch before I purchased it)

2 - when I accelerate and normally at a low speed (not hammering it) I get this clunking sound and can feel it (like go8ng over the lines on the motorway that have the raised parts but bit more violent) which is really concerning, it only happens in 1st or 2nd gear when accelerating lightly (not if I go full on). Thought it was the traction control kick8ng in but still does it when tc is turned off.

Car has only done 60k and slightly worried that this is the start of a **** load of problems, car is under warranty but still slightly miffed that these issues have not been picked up by the garage that sold it to me

Any advice

Cheers

VXRed blooded

The garages are completely useless when it comes to these cars, the owners on here and in the Facebook group are far more knowledgeable than the so called mechanics.
    Your first issue sounds like the clutch slave cylinder which needs to be replaced when the clutch is replaced. It's a gearbox off job to replace it. Lots of owners have had the same problem, even non VxR owners.
    The second issue sounds line the Haldex (but don't take my word for this, have it diagnosed first). Is it a thud from underneath the car, like under the back seats? If so, this is the same problems I have had twice. The first time I had Thorney do their thing, then just over a week ago I had a new Haldex pump fitted. The pump seemed to have cured it. Have you had any messages on the dash yet?

VXRed

Hi, son have had the master cylinder replaced so is their a slave cylinder too. I have not had any warning lights yet so is there anywhere that’s recommended to have this looked at

VXRed blooded

Yes there is a slave cylinder as well inside. Is your car still under warranty? If so, take it back to the garage and tell them about the thud/banging noise, although I suspect they will say they can't find anything wrong with it when they give it a visual inspection. The only thing that they can do really is get the Haldex serviced. Hopefully it might catch it before it's to late.

VXRed

hi, yes the car still has a few months left on the AA warranty but they are really hard work, just getting them to pay 200 quid to replace the master cylinder was a mission, i need to take this up with the finance company as i feel like i have been sold a car that has not been checked properly, the garage changed the clutch so they should have changed the slave cylinder and checked the 4 wheel drive system

Have you done the standard Haldex test: Reverse at full lock in both directions, if you get any sort of juddering or crabbing, the haldex will be on it’s way out. Sometimes a fluid service on the Haldex can be enough, but if you have clunking, it is most likely the clutch pack which is slipping.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    Have you done the standard Haldex test: Reverse at full lock in both directions, if you get any sort of juddering or crabbing, the haldex will be on it’s way out. Sometimes a fluid service on the Haldex can be enough, but if you have clunking, it is most likely the clutch pack which is slipping.
    I definetly get a judder and niose when in full lock, guess thats the issue, do you recommend stop driving it

VXRed blooded

It will definitely get worse if you keep driving it. Go back to the dealer you bought it from and start going on about consumer rights act and trading standards. Hopefully that should get him to get it sorted. The warranty is only there for their benefit not yours. You have 2 years in which to return goods not fit for purpose, and the car in the current state certainly fits that description.

VXRed

i had a conversation with the finance company and made a complaint so they are going to speak to the garage as i have only had the vehicle for 3 months, i am just worried that they wll try to make out the fault was not there

either way its gonna cost me money (the cost of transporting the car there and then train costs to get to work Grrr) so will hopefully get a response soon, out of interest what sort of money are we talking about for repair?

VXRed blooded

At least you have the finance company in your corner. They are better than a warranty. Because you could turn around and say you don't want the car and hand it back to them, they should fight the whole battle for you. Depends which road you go down for the repair really. Rebuild at Thorney comes in at about £2200 now or a new diff assembly co.es in at £3500 plus labour and VAT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast