+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VXR corsa whine

VXR newbie

Default VXR corsa whine

hello all just got my first vxr corsa love the car ive been thinking of getting a car for years. I've only had the car for a couple of weeks after having a RAC check before buying it and they said all is well with the car so I went ahead and brought it recently have notice when the car is cold there is a whine when reving it or acclerating it dosent have to be in gear dose it in nutral as well as in gear had the car service and ask vauxhall to have a listen and they said they heard nothing. the whine gose once the car is warm. they had it over night so they could start it from cold I'm pritty sure there's something wrong weather it's a bearing or even I notice a alternator making that sort of noise but as I'm new to the vxr I'm not too sure has anyone had any problems like this or where would the best place to go? also notice with the clutch pedal all gears are nice clutch seems all good but when putting the clutch to the floor when going over a speed bump I can feel a slight moment in the clutch pedal also some times changing gear it happends only slightly tho but that's all so somthing I would like to get check out. sorry for all the question but I've had a gearbox blow up on me with my first vauxhall astra sxi and it cost a bomb and don't want that to happen again would rather get it sorted if there's is somthing wrong.manythanks

VXRed

Have a read of this mate, may not be the gearbox but worth a read to see if symptoms are the same..

http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repair...n/m32-gearbox/
    06 Astra VXR - Arden Blue - Stage 2
    Mapped by Courtenay Sport - 292bhp - 337lb ft
    Courtenay Sport Ko4 Turbo, Scorpion Exhaust with 200 Cell Cat,
    AEM Filter, Luk Clutch & Luk DMF & Cover
    18” Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, Eibach Springs

Had something similar on mine w hile ago.

Started off as a little whine when cold but gradually got more annoying, turned out the be the pulley on the alternator. Got a low mileage alternator really cheap and changed it out, instantly alot more quieter.

Hope its something as simple as this.

VXRed

I have the same issue, two gearbox rebuilds later and it's still there, I've been driving around with it for a while as it isn't causing any major issues (FOR NOW) but I reckon it's similar to what Desert_Cloak had.

it also depends on the noise, if you have it on all gears it may not be gearbox, but if it is specific to certain gears then It could be, definitely worth having a look at the link Brett_vxr sent for more detailed info.

VXR newbie

hello all thanks for all your help it happends when I'm not even in gear I am thinking it's a bearing of some type I have just gone and got a mechanics stethoscope to try and locate where the noise is coming from if I find it I will let you know what the course was thanks again all that replied

VXR newbie

I found the problem it was coming from the alternator but the car has a new noise witch is a slight knocking noise from the engine so I'm gonna sort all this out and get rid. I've always loved these cars and will do but in a week ive spent about 1000 pounds and yet more needs done dosent seem to stop.

Unfortunately sometimes this can happen and you lose faith in the car.

I had a 3 series (e46) before my corsa, got it for 2.5k and spent mear on 3.5k getting it repaired every weekend.

+ Reply to Thread