+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Engine Missing a beat

I've noticed when my car is idling there is a slight engine miss and the revs drop momentarily before going back to normal, it's also there when moving at low revs, I'm certain it's electrical and suspect either a plug or coil pack, is there way of testing or do I have to leave it until it gets worse.

What plugs are in it and last changed
    It could be a coil pack going
    NOW STAGE 3 BUILT BUY ME POWERED BY SUPERCHIPS.
    INSIGNIA TURBO,INSIGNIA INJECTORS,QUAFE DIF,PADAL CLUTCH,COURTNEY RAD AND INTERCOOLER,3 INCH SYSTEM,BILSTEN B12'S,AP RACING BRAKES,POWERFLEX BUSHES

I've got NGK Iridium spark plugs, think they were fitted about 25k miles ago, the Coil Packs were all changed when the car had done about 70k, although it turned out there was nothing wrong with the originals, the car has now done 139k

Nick, where is the cheapest place to buy new coil packs
    Last edited by Steveh24; 9th December 2017 at 05:11 PM.

Agree with Nick, sounds like a coily... Have you checked them Stevie?

Ran my car with live diagnostics today and it looks like cylinder 6 is the main culprit although cylinder 4 is also playing up, but as both need to have the Induction Manifold removed to replace them I'm going to replace the plugs and coil packs on cylinders 4,5 & 6 and see what happens, the other 3 are easy enough to get to.

You don’t need to remove induction manifold for the rear plugs/coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon's right - 2-4-6 are your front bank and can be done in a few minutes - 1-3-5 are the rear three and are a little trickier - you need to be careful not to break any of the twiglet strength breather tubes and valves and be extra careful with the ECU when returning it, don't bend any pins and very importantly don't forget the earth cable attached to the ECU - you need to be very patient with the back three...

Thanks for the info, I always thought it was the other way around, but it makes it easy for me to change them myself if 4 & 6 are at the front, if I need to get the back 3 changed I will let my mechanic do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh24 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I always thought it was the other way around, but it makes it easy for me to change them myself if 4 & 6 are at the front, if I need to get the back 3 changed I will let my mechanic do it.
    What diagnostic program you running mate?

'55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Spike a cheap oc will give you a live engine reading but you’ll need to buy a cheap laptop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast