+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default End of my current VXR ownership

Yesterday I was involved in an RTC by some idiot not taking into account the icy road conditions and speed and handling of their car.

I was travelling at 30mph behind another car (which was about 8-10m in front, my chosen distance for reacting to breaking and minimise spray) a car on the opposite side was going a little to fast from a sharp bend, lost control totalled the car in front and as I reacted by moving out of the way he smashed into my near side. Curtain airbags and passenger seat one deployed.

We were all very lucky as it could have been a lot worse. In total all 4 cars are write offs.

While I appreciate life I also (like everyone else) appreciate their cars. Gutted is an understatement.

I hope to get back in another but funds as ever are tight.

Itís now in the hands of the insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Black Vectra VXR Estate. soon to have the goodies from the old beast....

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    Yesterday I was involved in an RTC by some idiot not taking into account the icy road conditions and speed and handling of their car.

I was travelling at 30mph behind another car (which was about 8-10m in front, my chosen distance for reacting to breaking and minimise spray) a car on the opposite side was going a little to fast from a sharp bend, lost control totalled the car in front and as I reacted by moving out of the way he smashed into my near side. Curtain airbags and passenger seat one deployed.

We were all very lucky as it could have been a lot worse. In total all 4 cars are write offs.

While I appreciate life I also (like everyone else) appreciate their cars. Gutted is an understatement.

I hope to get back in another but funds as ever are tight.

Itís now in the hands of the insurance company.

ahhhhhh mate the guys a bellend!! so many people speeding in these conditions thinking they know what they are doing...clearly not.

i hope you get it sorted and get yourself back in a VXR

Quote Originally Posted by chodiddly View Post
    ahhhhhh mate the guys a bellend!! so many people speeding in these conditions thinking they know what they are doing...clearly not.

i hope you get it sorted and get yourself back in a VXR
    Thatís the plan. Iíve just priced up all the parts (less passengers seat) for less than £500.

Thatís NS airbag curtain, control ECU, sills.

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    That’s the plan. I’ve just priced up all the parts (less passengers seat) for less than £500.

That’s NS airbag curtain, control ECU, sills.

oh thats not too bad then...i thought u might have needed to add another 0 on the end lol

Bad luck spike did they need first aid before or after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the bad news

Astra

Hopefully sounds like you can source a lot of replacement parts for a good price.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Bad luck spike did they need first aid before or after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well the chap went to hospital. I honestly could have broke his jaw as he was going way to fast for the road conditions.

V6spike, sorry to hear about your RTA, hopefully you will be driving a VXR soon, some people will never learn to drive and ironically the faster cars are driven by the better drivers maybe because they appreciate more what excess speed can do and as I've always said, it's not speed that kills it's drivers and I swear that some idiot drivers got their driving licence for free in a packet of Corn Flakes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast