+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh24 View Post
    V6spike, sorry to hear about your RTA, hopefully you will be driving a VXR soon, some people will never learn to drive and ironically the faster cars are driven by the better drivers maybe because they appreciate more what excess speed can do and as I've always said, it's not speed that kills it's drivers and I swear that some idiot drivers got their driving licence for free in a packet of Corn Flakes
    Very well put!
    High performance cars are actually much safer, better handling, brakes, tyres etc, so in their pure form, far less likely to be involved in an accident if driven sensibly.
    As steveh24 puts so well, it's the incompetent drivers and of course the scum of the earth that like stealing them that creates the high insurance costs.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh24 View Post
    V6spike, sorry to hear about your RTA, hopefully you will be driving a VXR soon, some people will never learn to drive and ironically the faster cars are driven by the better drivers maybe because they appreciate more what excess speed can do and as I've always said, it's not speed that kills it's drivers and I swear that some idiot drivers got their driving licence for free in a packet of Corn Flakes
    Totally agree mate. Funny though as I said to myself that he was going a little fast out of a corner. I’ve driven the same route for 7 months and know where is safe and not but that still doesn’t negate the fact to read the road and combine it with the conditions. Funny though we were only doing about 30 for that same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid.

Hope you’ve got a sore neck and had plenty of passengers ,for when the ppi phone rings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXRed

Totally gutted for you spike im still getting vectra bits delivered that i ordered before my crash its heart wrenching

I will start to get parts once I know what’s happening

V6spike, Once you know what bits you need, put your request on some of the secondhand sites like 247Spares and CarBreaker, also give Nick150 a call, he is a font of all VXR knowledge and often knows where to find certain spares.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Very well put!
    High performance cars are actually much safer, better handling, brakes, tyres etc, so in their pure form, far less likely to be involved in an accident if driven sensibly.
    As steveh24 puts so well, it's the incompetent drivers and of course the scum of the earth that like stealing them that creates the high insurance costs.
    Depends if they are maintained well with quality new parts and not the cheapest people can find.
    Vectra VXR estate 07

VXRacing ahead

If it comes to it, send Torque Motors a PM on Facebook, he will more than likely have both the airbags and airbag ECU (in non crash mode) in stock. The website isn't always up to date, but there is a pair of roof airbags on for £40.

A friend of mine bought a passenger seat airbag, passenger side roof airbag, and a airbag ECU off Adam for about £80 I believe.

Hope you get back in a VXR soon, nothing worse than seeing your pride and joy damaged

Gutted for you Spike lad.......

Quote Originally Posted by Finn67 View Post
    Gutted for you Spike lad.......
    Have no fear mate. Another vectra estate (VXR of course) is getting purchased this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast