+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Picking up my Corsa VXR tomorrow with luck

Hey all,

I'm Nick and have been looking around the site in preparation for buying my first VXR hopefully tomorrow. Not even seen the car yet but it's at a dealership and they have provided photos etc. Pretty excited tbh.

Anyway, looks like you have a great community here and I will enjoy reading about your experiences.

Last Corsa I owned was a SRi and I dropped a recon 1.6 8v Astra engine into it, loved it until she died horribly (electrical issue I suspected, couldn't find the issue and after a few sensor replacements it starts getting a bit silly).

Let you know when I pick up the car and post some pics (y)

VXRed

ps. It's a 2012 Arden Blue on 18s, debadged, some induction kit (unknown as yet) and she's had a lowering kit put on her.

Are you VXR enough? ARCTIC MARK's Avatar

Enjoy it and post some pics
    Opel Astra Burg #686, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, Whiteline adjustable rear anti roll bar, Turbo smart actuator & recirculation valve, Brembo 4 pot brakes, DNA Performance FMIC, Enlarged top hat & pipework, 3" Turbo back stainless exhaust, 6k AFL's, Smoked side repeaters, Silvatec indicator lamps, Heko wind deflectors, Insignia washer jets, Crossover delete, Piper cross cone filter, SM Tuning Stage 3 - 296BHP / 340ftlb Torque.

Welcome aboard VxrO mate and good luck with the new motor
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonVXR View Post
    Hey all,

I'm Nick and have been looking around the site in preparation for buying my first VXR hopefully tomorrow. Not even seen the car yet but it's at a dealership and they have provided photos etc. Pretty excited tbh.

Anyway, looks like you have a great community here and I will enjoy reading about your experiences.

Last Corsa I owned was a SRi and I dropped a recon 1.6 8v Astra engine into it, loved it until she died horribly (electrical issue I suspected, couldn't find the issue and after a few sensor replacements it starts getting a bit silly).

Let you know when I pick up the car and post some pics (y)
    B or C SRi Corsa?

I was always tempted to try an Astra 1.6 swap when i had my Z14XE 'C' but didn't know if it'd work out.

Did it all run ok under the SRI standard ECU?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Enjoy it pal!

Any pics as of yet?
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    B or C SRi Corsa?

I was always tempted to try an Astra 1.6 swap when i had my Z14XE 'C' but didn't know if it'd work out.

Did it all run ok under the SRI standard ECU?
    No I had the engine loom complete with the recon Astra engine and put that in...basically turned the SRi into a Nova GTE (8v 1.6). Loads of torque but over the the long haul the 16v would have done it. Really fun car it was, it was featured on AllCorsa.co.uk. January 2008 possibly if I recall correctly.

Anyways, here's where I am at now

https://imgur.com/cw1gulh
    https://imgur.com/fTPQceG

The bonnet vents I was hoping weren't just decorative like those ****** things on Ebay but they serve a purpose I'm relieved to know.

VXRed

I'll post more pics soon, I've got her stashed at the moment until I get the Cobra alarm fitted on Tuesday, checking the window every 5 mins otherwise.

VXRed

ps. Was a Corsa B, 1993

VXRed

This was my old motor (I lowered her after this pic was taken)

https://imgur.com/12pwphf
    https://i.imgur.com/WWJMe2S.jpg
    Last edited by MunsonVXR; 30th December 2017 at 01:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast