+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Default A very sad day for my burg

I'm afraid today that my burg is no longer. Was I the way home yesterday and was hit head on by a drunk driver. From pictures I seen of my car unlucky to come out with just a broken finger and some bruising. The car will be greatly missed as I loved it and never got bored of it in the 4 years I owned it.

VXR enough

Sorry to hear that.

At least you're ok though - at the end of the day there are still plenty of Corsas around but only one of you...i'm sure your folks will prefer to have the latter as well.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Sorry for you
    Sadly I suppose little will be done to the drunk driver by out courts

VXRed

Jesus! Thank god little harm done!
    At least with a drunk driver there’s no question of who’s to blame, the insurance claim should go through relatively quickly!

Very bad news, your ok which is the main thing. Drunk drivers Are just selfish scum bags who do not deserve the privilege of having a driving license. The law needs to come down even harder on it.

Quote Originally Posted by caino6 View Post
    Very bad news, your ok which is the main thing. Drunk drivers Are just selfish scum bags who do not deserve the privilege of having a driving license. The law needs to come down even harder on it.
    cudnt agree more mate absolute *******!! good jod ure ok mate like every1 says thats the main thing.

VXR enough

Unfortunately i don't share these black and white views.

If it was some guy ****** out their head then yes i'd share the contempt. If it was someone who was slightly over the limit from a few drinks with his xmas lunch then and made a small mistake i don't think they deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Realistically no one should drink and drive but fact is it happens, and frequently unknowingly. Fact is you could be over the limit according the "the law" but probably fitter to drive than some sober people on the road these days.

I'm always amazed how judgemental some people are on here TBH.

But again, good the lad is ok and hopefully everyone involved.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Unfortunately i don't share these black and white views.

If it was some guy ****** out their head then yes i'd share the contempt. If it was someone who was slightly over the limit from a few drinks with his xmas lunch then and made a small mistake i don't think they deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Realistically no one should drink and drive but fact is it happens, and frequently unknowingly. Fact is you could be over the limit according the "the law" but probably fitter to drive than some sober people on the road these days.

I'm always amazed how judgemental some people are on here TBH.

But again, good the lad is ok and hopefully everyone involved.
    Sorry, I can't say I agree with this.
    We need to remember that the drink driving laws are there for a reason, and a very good one. It is understandable that you favour 'softer' penalties for those who don't intentionally get into the driving seat drunk, but in reality most will think they are okay to drive.
    The potential consequences are horrific and as the OP has suffered, people lose their cars or even worse, some lose their lives. No insurance payment will cover that!
    There really is no excuse, have a soft drink, a non alcoholic beer, get a taxi or have someone else drive. Failing that drink at home.
    As you correctly pointed out, there are enough dangerous 'sober' drivers, without alcohol making them worse.
    It's just a shame we don't see more roadside checks as this is something that makes the roads safer for all of us.
    To the OP, very sorry to hear of the loss of your VXR, at least you are okay, things could have easily been much worse.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Sorry, I can't say I agree with this.
    We need to remember that the drink driving laws are there for a reason, and a very good one. It is understandable that you favour 'softer' penalties for those who don't intentionally get into the driving seat drunk, but in reality most will think they are okay to drive.
    The potential consequences are horrific and as the OP has suffered, people lose their cars or even worse, some lose their lives. No insurance payment will cover that!
    There really is no excuse, have a soft drink, a non alcoholic beer, get a taxi or have someone else drive. Failing that drink at home.
    As you correctly pointed out, there are enough dangerous 'sober' drivers, without alcohol making them worse.
    It's just a shame we don't see more roadside checks as this is something that makes the roads safer for all of us.
    To the OP, very sorry to hear of the loss of your VXR, at least you are okay, things could have easily been much worse.
    Well said. This was pretty much what I was going to reply!

VXRed blooded

He was 4/5 times over the limit so it wasn't just a little bit. Thanks for all your nice messages. I'll try upload a picture of my car to photobucket if that still works.

Anyway moving forwards, I was wondering if anyone has made the change from vxr/vxr Nurburgring to a fiesta st180 st-3 and can tell me if the fiesta still has the same performance. My biggest concern is the fiesta being down on power as well as lacking all the handling mods of the Nurburgring. Will the fiesta hold its value better? I'm going to miss my burg so much but it is what it is. No other hot hatch matches the looks of the burg which is a shame as that really matters for me however I like the idea of how much more practical the fiesta is.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast