+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    VXRed

Echo the above, unless you can get a good unit second hand, don't waste your money. Why spend 60-100 on something that won't give you what you're after just because it's less than the 200 you need to spend?

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    The thing is peoples definition of "louder" or "nice" varies greatly;

(Usually skewed badly if the poster is younger!)

Fitting a precat decat or chopping out the centre pipe silencer will make it "louder" but only slightly - unless you had 2 VXRs standing next to each other you'd never realise.

Chopping out the backbox will make it noticable louder but i really wouldn't bother - it will look wrong to anyone buying the car next, not sound as nice as a proper backbox and also do nothing for power.

I would recommend you don't bother and find other means to add noise (cone filter?) or else view it as a chance to add power so you can justify spending the money on a proper system.

The exhaust doesn't need to be new btw - there are plenty of good used performance systems on ebay all the time for less than half the new price.
    +1 for this............

best bet is to save your money and keep an eye on ebay, can find yourself a few bargains on there.

a big selling point for me on my vxr was it already had a scorpion double decat with remus cat back so it meant one less expense for me.

you could stick a pipercross or AEM cone on for a bit of induction noise, can pick either up for around the £50 mark

VXRed

did see this on ebay though, its unbranded and only £150. dunno what the quality would be like on it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXHAUST-C...oAAOSw6ShZVNLt

wouldn't do it unless you have access to a friendly MOT tester, it does away with pre cat and main cat
    Last edited by seanaldo1987; 29th December 2017 at 01:07 PM.

VXRed

I would honestly just get a 2nd hand precat decat. They are always up for sale second hand and really easy to fit yourself. You’re not going to fail an MOT either.
    Have just a precat gave both my Astra and corsa a slightly sportier tone (opposed to just engine) in the cabin, and gave more of a whooshy turbo noise from the outside, not necessarily exhaust. Also made both cars drive slightly smoother.
    My corsa has a 2 piece Remus and I wouldn’t go louder, although does sound fantastic.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by seanaldo1987 View Post
    did see this on ebay though, its unbranded and only £150. dunno what the quality would be like on it.

wouldn't do it unless you have access to a friendly MOT tester, it does away with pre cat and main cat
    Thats the Toyosport ones.

They're good quality for the price, as good quality as Cobra etc.

They're standard bore though, i.e. not 2.5" inch
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by seanaldo1987 View Post

Had this on mine - loudened it up quite a bit and was fairly good quality!
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Double Decat | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRed

hi mate

now the thing you have to think of here is taking out pre cats and cats will throw the light up on the dash the ecu will make the car run lean or over fuel it and in the long run it will destroy your engine so if you are removing things like that to do it properly you will have to get it remapped to get them deleted out of the ecu

I don't have any experience with the above item on ebay but I have with the idiot cutting the cat and pre cat out who had the car before me but I'm positive that you will have to do the above unless someone can reply telling me I am wrong

all in all if you want to do the mods don't go cutting corners just to save money because trust me in the long run it will cost you a hell of a lot more money

get a remus 2 piece!! made up of a secndary cat delete and a new backbox. sound is subtle but sexy. Do it properly or not at all n my opinion.

ps. removing secondary cat does not throw engine light on or fail MOT
    Name's Lewis - White Corsa Burg 279
    Follow me on twitter and instagram - @LNWeth
    Location - Isle of Wight

Quote Originally Posted by LWeth View Post
    get a remus 2 piece!! made up of a secndary cat delete and a new backbox. sound is subtle but sexy. Do it properly or not at all n my opinion.

ps. removing secondary cat does not throw engine light on or fail MOT
    incorrect any cat missing is now a reason fro rejection so it can fail the mot
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2