+ Reply to Thread

Default VXR Written off Cat S (old Cat C)

Sad to report after nearly 3 years of happy motoring my J VXR was written off by my insurance company, considered a Cat S (old Cat C) It had covered 35,000 miles had 4 new tyres and a full tank of petrol! great!

I was not at fault for the incident, two independent witnesses and a dashcam corroborated my statement.

looking at a 17 plate black fully loaded VXR atm

Happy new year all

20171213_131439.jpg20171213_131457.jpg20171213_131514.jpg20171213_131528.jpg
    2015 Arden, 950, rear parking sensors, Non-Aero! I'm luvin it! was luvin it TURBO OVER BOOSTING @1500 miles!!!!

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Hope you are OK. Cars can be replaced, humans can not.

What happened, to get a dent in the roof ?

Looks a bad one that, at least you are still here and able to buy a new one.

A cyclist bounced over my car basically. He decided to turn right from a left position, whilst I was on the rhs of the road giving him a wide berth. It was an A road with national speed limit.

The guy survived, one because the way the car is built, two the cars' brakes make it stop and retard really quickly in speed, last but not least my quick reaction of hitting full brake within 0.589 seconds!

He gave no sign or indication, was dressed as if a ninja and potentially had earphones in, didn't look either, thought he was a gonna when I got out of my car, not nice at all, the lady behind me was in a worse state tbh.

Police, ambulance, helicopter all in attendance was quite a scene, didn't feel good at all...still don't but at least the guy survived thankfully.
    2015 Arden, 950, rear parking sensors, Non-Aero! I'm luvin it! was luvin it TURBO OVER BOOSTING @1500 miles!!!!

VXRed blooded

Glad your OK was in a very nasty accident some years back in my old xr3i days when someone walk out in front of me car looked like it had hit a lampost glad to say they survived as well ,but I must say I have seen a couple of Vxrs now that seem to be written off what looked like they could been easily repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by clymout View Post
    A cyclist bounced over my car basically. He decided to turn right from a left position, whilst I was on the rhs of the road giving him a wide berth. It was an A road with national speed limit.

The guy survived, one because the way the car is built, two the cars' brakes make it stop and retard really quickly in speed, last but not least my quick reaction of hitting full brake within 0.589 seconds!

He gave no sign or indication, was dressed as if a ninja and potentially had earphones in, didn't look either, thought he was a gonna when I got out of my car, not nice at all, the lady behind me was in a worse state tbh.

Police, ambulance, helicopter all in attendance was quite a scene, didn't feel good at all...still don't but at least the guy survived thankfully.
    Glad everyone survived really traumatic I would think dunno what I would do if something like that happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrjono View Post
    Glad your OK was in a very nasty accident some years back in my old xr3i days when someone walk out in front of me car looked like it had hit a lampost glad to say they survived as well ,but I must say I have seen a couple of Vxrs now that seem to be written off what looked like they could been easily repaired.
    Yeah, know what you mean, but for the car to be repaired by a registered insurance repairer would escalate the costs with labour charges etc, but for an individual 2nd sourcing parts would make it more viable I guess, that's why it's a Cat S (economical) rather than a Cat D, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo24LFC View Post
    Glad everyone survived really traumatic I would think dunno what I would do if something like that happened to me.
    Cheers VXRed, I only had slight cuts to my left hand where the windscreen had hit my hand on the steering whell. A lesser built car then maybe cyclist would have come through the windscreen and caused me more severe injuries etc.
    Until you are in a situation no one knows really, I got out and started to organise everyone, my old training kicked in I guess, in that situation people can be shocked (as the lady driving behind me was) and being given a direct instruction and relenting control to a.n. other people in general are happy to concede to it.

Helped me too to focus...but when ambulances turned up I stepped away of course and then presented myself to the police once they turned up. Seemed as if it was ages before they did but in real terms was approx. 10-15 mins.

Glad to hear everyone survived as has been said cars can be replaced. I was in a crash years go. Driving down a main road and a lady in a metro pulled out in front of me. All I remember when slamming the brakes on was the kids faces in the back of the Metro as the cars made contact and they were spun. I was able to get out my car yet they had to all be cut out of the metro. Lucky nobody ended up been seriously hurt. Lucky for me there was an old lady at the side of the road who saw the accident and waited for the police to give a statement confirming what happened and how there was nothing I could do to avoid the crash. Still didn't make me feel any better till I'd had confirmation the kids were fine.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread