+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tyres

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vocky View Post
    You cannot just swap wheel position without resetting the TPMS system with the correct tool or a visit to the dealers.

The astra j TPMS system works from a single control module located in the boot, not a receiver at each corner of the car.

I had to buy the reset tool because of incorrect advice from a tyre place, they said drive it and it will reset, not true. What happens is the tyre pressure from the front wheels is displayed as the rear pressures and vice versa
    My point exactly, you either have to buy the tool or a visit to dealership and they charge a fortune to do this job !

Quote Originally Posted by Seaskewer View Post
    Thanks..gone for these...and they’re going on the front.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...trac-Vorti.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have been using the Vortis so far and they are fantastic.. Now I have to change them but I'm low on budget so after a long research I go for the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 that's probably the best value UHP tyre on the market.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Ha...s-V12-evo2.htm
    Last edited by FreshDriver; 31st December 2017 at 09:12 PM.

VXRacing ahead

Hey now i forgive them , but it was just a straight swap, 2nd was new wheels @ front and new tpms sensors , maybe that is what confused them. 3rd just tyres.
    Last edited by Mrs S Cat; 1st January 2018 at 06:50 AM.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by FreshDriver View Post
    I have been using the Vortis so far and they are fantastic.. Now I have to change them but I'm low on budget so after a long research I go for the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 that's probably the best value UHP tyre on the market.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Ha...s-V12-evo2.htm
    Nice tyre when fresh but I had them on an Insignia diesel fleet car and they lasted 7000 miles and the last 2000 were not fun in the damp....changed them with 3mm left....wouldnt however stop me buying them again if like you i was strapped for cash.....fortunately i got a Paypal credit account last year and it paid for my last tyres so it works like a credit card....spreads the hurt
    That said the Insignia is a heavy front end pushy car and needed a tough tyre ...worked best with Dunlop GT's

VXRacing ahead

My tyre of choice wet or dry is the Uniroyal rainsport 3 , I have all 4 on my vxr and wet or dry they perform faultlessly and decent tread life , order from Camskill tyres and get at great price😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2