+ Reply to Thread

Default Emissions with power increase

Bit of a random one but would my car still pass its MOT emissions test if the engine power was increased? I am considering the Klassen Opel MHI TD05 turbo with larger injectors and the Courtenay downpipe, sports cat, intercooler and the sachs clutch.
    My Vauxhall history - 92 Cavalier GSI 2000 4x4, 99 Vectra B GSI, 04 Vectra C GSI, 08 Vectra VXR, 15 Insignia VXR

If your replacement cat has sufficient capacity, it shouldn’t be a problem
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Ps.: remember an upgrade of the Haldex while you are at it. If it is stock, big power will destroy it for sure
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Thats great, cheers. I could just picture going to Vauxhall for its first MOT and failing on emissions after all that work was carried out.
    My Vauxhall history - 92 Cavalier GSI 2000 4x4, 99 Vectra B GSI, 04 Vectra C GSI, 08 Vectra VXR, 15 Insignia VXR

Ha ha, yes the infamous Haldex. Will look at TMS for the upgrade if i take that leap.

Well, think im going to go for it with Courtenay for the power increase. Had the costing and time estimates done by them today. My only concern has been with the pre-cat removal as i am concerned it will fail the mot visual inspection.

VXRed blooded

Don't think you can really "see" the precat by just looking at it.

That would be my choice CS know there vauxhalls I would be interested to see your gains and the difference in the noise so keep us posted i'm still factory standard so maybe in a few years time its something i may look into

VXRed blooded

a proper tuner and remap should keep the fueling correct so emissions shouldnt be a problem.... mine got a remap and whilst its still got the cats its emissions remained fine so the ecu copes with tuning mods if done correctly

Yep, deffoo going for it. I have the money to do it. Its a bit steep but it'll be worth it in the long run. Won't tell the wife though as i would be divorced quicker than i could blink. Luckily we have seperate bank accounts. As soon as i get it done i will let you know. It will not be for a few months though as that is when i will next be in Norfolk. I dare say Courtenay will pit it in their blog anyway.

+ Reply to Thread