+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

What do you mean by a button vs a gearstick?.
    Either way it's a lot of car for the money.... Local to me as well... Didn't know there were many over here

Quote Originally Posted by RyFletch View Post
    Only thing is how come some have the normal gear stick like this one and some just the button.
    I prefer the button look but that’s not the end of the world!
    Do you mean the handbrake?! It was an option on the early models. Haven’t seen one with nav and manual hand brake before though! Usually, the e-brake comes with the navigation because of the nav. wheel. The nav might be a retrofit.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Ye sorry the handbrake!
    Oh I see, I have no idea, I think it looks smarter without the handbrake personally but it’s not the end of the world,

The chap said he isn’t far from either airport or the docks so wouldn’t be too much of an issue getting there and getting it back.

Thanks for your time both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

I'd have a manual handbrake any day Instead of an e brake... Bloody nuisance on hilly junctions.. Releases whenever it thinks your about to drive off and doesn't allow for a quick change of mind etc then take 2 or 3 secs to come back on when you flick the button forcing some fast footwork to avoid rolling back.

Has a tendency to not come on at all sometimes if your in a hurry my wife thought she’d put e brake on came out the shop to someone saying your cars just hit mine haha luckily it wasn’t much of a hill and no damage was done. I swiftly told her to make sure it’s left in gear aswell when getting out
    07 Arden blue VXR(H). 3” scorpion turbo back, pipercross cone filter, front mounted intercooler. Running stage 2 map dyno tested at 290bhp 340 lb torque.
    Black rear diffuser, black boot trim, black tinted windows. Piano black console and steering wheel trims. Carbon fibre dash trims.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Damo24LFC View Post
    Has a tendency to not come on at all sometimes if your in a hurry my wife thought she’d put e brake on came out the shop to someone saying your cars just hit mine haha luckily it wasn’t much of a hill and no damage was done. I swiftly told her to make sure it’s left in gear aswell when getting out
    Been there at the petrol station.. 2t rolling over a foot isn't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by genman View Post
    Either way it's a lot of car for the money.... Local to me as well... Didn't know there were many over here
    There are quite a few...I'm one of them :-)

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    There are quite a few...I'm one of them :-)
    Good to know and your only up the road

Thanks for everyones input, much appreciated, now I just have a big decision to make!
    And now you said about the e brake, I think I will try and get the standard hand brake then if I can! Ha
    Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Also can't do handbrake turns with the e brake... Car abs etc interferes and backs off the brakes if you pull the button above 20mph.... Lame design... How's it an emergency brake... It would take forever to slow from motorway speeds and you have to hold it on the whole time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast