+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by genman View Post
    I'd have a manual handbrake any day Instead of an e brake... Bloody nuisance on hilly junctions.. Releases whenever it thinks your about to drive off and doesn't allow for a quick change of mind etc then take 2 or 3 secs to come back on when you flick the button forcing some fast footwork to avoid rolling back.
    Mine was completely the opporsite, only way to disengage it was to push the button it wouldn’t disengage even if you started rolling and the hill start function didn’t work properly either, so it would be fairly random if it engaged or not!

Fortunately, my new car came with a good old fashioned lever!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Mine worked perfectly on the manual. It pre-released when you depressed the clutch and fully released when the clutch was engaged. I never had any problems on hill holding and I got to like it.

On the auto, there is no pre-release so rapid starts tend to jump the auto release and the resulting transmission clunks sound expensive! I've got used to it and I still prefer it over the lever. As for not being able to do handbrake turns? Seriously??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3