+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Vxr and sport button ?

Hi All happy new yr to all of u
    This ? has probably been asked before but I'm struggling to c the point to have a vxr and sport button apart from the lights on the dashboard going red what r the differences between the two buttons ? Any help would be greatfull thanks 👍

VXR button does more of all the same things as the Sport button(Throttle map, suspension, steering), plus it changes the torque biasing more towards the rear and it relaxes the stability control.

Where I’ve felt the biggest difference in terms of handling, is If you hit the throttle hard coming out of a corner in wet conditions in Sport, the car will most likely understeer, if you do the same in VXR mode, you can provoke some tail action, but you need to be quite vigorous.

When driving through Germany I most often put the car in sport as I found the suspension in that setting to be perfect for high speed cruise. Putting it into OPC mode (being from Denmark) made the ride quite harsh.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed blooded

Remap the car and then you'll feel the difference... It's as already said but when remapped the throttle is like a trigger.. Everything is almost instant with power delivery.
    A stock car with soft tyre pressures for day to day is barely noticed... Up the pressure to near 40psi and you'll feel the firmer suspension.

Cheers thanks for that both of u ��

+ Reply to Thread