+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Actuator Arm Adjustment

I have just had my turbo charger rebuilt, but it doesn't feel like it is boosting that much when I put my foot down, it's been suggested that the actuator wasn't adjusted to the turbo after it was fitted and having just spoken to my mechanic he says he just re-fitted the wastegate without adjusting it

Do I make the actuator arm longer or shorter to give more boost as that's what I'm missing when I accelerate.

How can I test that the Wastgate is working correctly
    Last edited by Steveh24; 2nd January 2018 at 01:41 PM.

Are you VXR enough?

Are you sure you haven't got unmetered air getting in after the MAF? not sure if that would impact it but the connection under the slam panel in the centre is well known for letting in unmetered air - I had it happen to me once and my car felt a bit sluggish. Worth checking, I had a smoke test done and it came piling out of that joint.

This was found for another post on adjustment.

In need of urgent help
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lack of boost has only happened after the turbo was rebuilt, it had to be removed so I could send it off, I would have expected more boost and better performance with a new Turbo, plugs and coil packs

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    This was found for another post on adjustment.

In need of urgent help
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...9&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jon, I saw this earlier today, but wasn't sure if it related to the VXR turbo, but thanks for sending it

Are you using a hybrid turbo or a reconditioned original?

The stock actuators are pre loaded and shouldn’t require any adjustments and should really have been set when the turbo was getting done.

I had this but only because I bought one from eBay that wasn’t set. I gave up because I dint want to harm the turbo and couldn’t find any reference to any boost pressure guides.

Get in touch with Kris @KRS turbos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

It was a reconditioned original, but the wastegate wasn't sent with it as they didn't require it.

If the link that jon sent is true for the VXR, then it's a good place to start

I do have turbo boost but nowhere near as much as I should do and in the higher gears the car is flat when you put your down, I've also noticed that when at low revs in a higher gear there isn't the torque I normally had before the turbo was replaced.

That vid is a good place to start mate however if you over do it you'll cause more boost issues. when i was doing mine i boosted well over 1.2Bar which was ok until it put the car into limp mode. this is probably best done on a RR for better results.

Like i said though, if you took the actuator off and didn't touch it chances it is set up correctly, unless the actuator is at fault?

Also, be very careful of the clip that holds the actuator to the arm. it pings off into the void of the car. i fashioned something to sit flush under the arm and between the heat shield so i could catch the damn thing.
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Could really do with testing the wastegate with a boost gauge as I would be interested to see how much pressure there is when I accelerate, I'm defo going to have a turbo boost gauge fitted to the dash and I've ordered one this morning.

The fact that the car still hunts when idling and feels lumpy at low revs when driving makes me feel there is also an air leak somewhere.

My mechanic is a good lad, but I can't help feeling that I need to give it to someone who knows the Vectra VXR inside out and how to set them up.

Any suggestions !!
    Last edited by Steveh24; 3rd January 2018 at 01:34 PM.

While you’re in there check no. 34/5 hoses connected

http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/part/1/41/268/4251/41429

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast