+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Yeah the majority of the pipe work is brittle garbage. Had my share of hassle at the back of the engine and down to the vacuum pump but I think the ones to the valve at front of turbo are silicone so hopefully those ones are ok. Just something else to check as it's an easy to access part

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
    Yeah the majority of the pipe work is brittle garbage. Had my share of hassle at the back of the engine and down to the vacuum pump but I think the ones to the valve at front of turbo are silicone so hopefully those ones are ok. Just something else to check as it's an easy to access part
    It’s a nightmare trying to find cracked pipes that’s why I had my old one smoke tested just to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Are you VXR enough?

Same as me, had it tested from maf right through and it ended up being the join under the slam panel. Other pipework went dodgy after that. It's a nightmare and those pipes aren't cheap by any stretch for what they are. I'd replace all mine with silicone if I could find the end connectors separately somewhere as I'd want to replace those too with the o-rings that can wear down and leak

Quote Originally Posted by mikez1 View Post
    Same as me, had it tested from maf right through and it ended up being the join under the slam panel. Other pipework went dodgy after that. It's a nightmare and those pipes aren't cheap by any stretch for what they are. I'd replace all mine with silicone if I could find the end connectors separately somewhere as I'd want to replace those too with the o-rings that can wear down and leak
    That’s why I went for the Do88 kit and custom pipe from turbo to maf.

'55' Sapphire Black VXR Estate. Eibach Prosport all round, remapped by Rabbid. DO88 intake kit.

Quote Originally Posted by V6spike View Post
    That’s why I went for the Do88 kit and custom pipe from turbo to maf.

V6spike, where did you get your Do88 kit and custom pipe and how much did it cost

Sounds like the pipe work is not the best, does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of the pipes that could be a problem

Smoke test and actuator pressure test mate. This would be my first approach. There are so many places a leak could form but the smoke test will seal them out.

Where abouts are you mate? I don’t mind having a look if you’re East Midlands area. I’m not a mechanic but certainly a fresh set of eyes always helps.

Oh and it is quite normal for it to hunt revs when on tick over.

Thanks for the offer V6spike, but I'm based in the South near Portsmouth

I've never noticed it hunting before, but then I've not had problems with the turbo before

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    Yep spike agree with smoke and as coils been replaced good chance pipes cracked or miss fitted ,as turbo is not same one a few mm ether way would put it out. We had a low boost with the manifold pipe blown ? Also a thought inlet pressure release valve if that what you call it black lump on turbo inlet ,

https://www.dhresource.com/albu_3756...9389-01700.jpg

And the control valve for ‘actor’ one way valve system failure all would reduce boost in some way.

But sorry have to disagree on the hunting, even on cold start injection shouldn’t hunt old carbs maybe, that would say definitely air leak/mixture wrong / chains.

And if your close enough sir nick150 the god of these lumps....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jon, I'm fairly positive the problem is fuel/air mixture related and it never used to hunt on tickover.

I live a couple of hours from Sir Nick, but I did drive up there for him to replace my chains, so if I don't get the problem sorted may ask for his help again.

If you do find cracked/broken pipes just replace them with 4mm silicone hose and carry spare just in case.

Is this 4mm internal diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh24 View Post
    Is this 4mm internal diameter.
    Yeah I think so mate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast