+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow chain

Default Snow chain

Hi all. Now living in France, which means I can drive to the alps, wondering if anyone has used snow chains on tyre size 245/35 R20 and if so which ones.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Arden Blue, Stage 3, Thorney Motorsport tuned, 304BHP

never used them my self, work at land rover they sell like hot cakes, customers seem to love them. tyres size up to 22"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Vauxhall/opel only allowes snowchains on 235/45R18 on the GTC/GTC VXR

Check the cars instruction manual.

VXR enough

Get Snow Socks for Cars. They don't increase the tyre size anywhere near as much as chains, so no chance of damaging the inner wing. They were invented in Finland where it is normal to walk on ice and snow with socks OVER the top of shoes/boots. The fabric gives about 10 times the grip that there is without socks. This idea was then introduced for cars. Snow Socks are made specific to each tyre size so you have to get a pair for each tyre size. Fitting/removing takes about 30 seconds per wheel! I bought some for my car. I did fit them when I got them, though didn't need to use them, to see how easy they were to fit. Very easy! You can also drive on bare tarmac with them still fitted, though at reduced speed.

I forgot to add....Don't buy the cheapest. They tear too easily. I bought AutoSocks. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but excellent quality.
    Last edited by robertshephard; 7th January 2018 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertshephard View Post
    Get Snow Socks for Cars. They don't increase the tyre size anywhere near as much as chains, so no chance of damaging the inner wing. They were invented in Finland where it is normal to walk on ice and snow with socks OVER the top of shoes/boots. The fabric gives about 10 times the grip that there is without socks. This idea was then introduced for cars. Snow Socks are made specific to each tyre size so you have to get a pair for each tyre size. Fitting/removing takes about 30 seconds per wheel! I bought some for my car. I did fit them when I got them, though didn't need to use them, to see how easy they were to fit. Very easy! You can also drive on bare tarmac with them still fitted, though at reduced speed.

I forgot to add....Don't buy the cheapest. They tear too easily. I bought AutoSocks. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but excellent quality.
    I've still got my snow socks for mine I've had them for 5 years now. Each winter I stick them in the boot just in case. Only had to use them a couple of times when I 1st got them other than that I have only really needed them to get the car on the drive due to the slope

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Default Snow chain

Quote Originally Posted by Hummelshøj View Post
    Vauxhall/opel only allowes snowchains on 235/45R18 on the GTC/GTC VXR

Check the cars instruction manual.
    Cheers I have 245/35R20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Arden Blue, Stage 3, Thorney Motorsport tuned, 304BHP

+ Reply to Thread