+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Procharging.

VXRed

Default Procharging.

Has anyone procharged a 6.2 VXR8? I'm really wanting to do it but can only find kits for other vehicles using the LS3 or the LS2 VXR8.
    Any information and help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

VXRed

Hi, Yes someone has supercharged a VXR8 with a Procharger kit. If search the Monaco forum on piston heads you should a couple of threads about it. The 6.2 vxr8's use ls3 engine so any ls3 bolt on will work.
    With the demise Monkfish performance I not who is likely to be do the ecu tune though.
    Your bet in invest in one the tuning software/scanner for the GM ecu's
    No need to change the ecu since GM added SC capabilities in our ecu's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MIEEE

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by charlesH View Post
    Hi, Yes someone has supercharged a VXR8 with a Procharger kit. If search the Monaco forum on piston heads you should a couple of threads about it. The 6.2 vxr8's use ls3 engine so any ls3 bolt on will work.
    With the demise Monkfish performance I not who is likely to be do the ecu tune though.
    Your bet in invest in one the tuning software/scanner for the GM ecu's
    No need to change the ecu since GM added SC capabilities in our ecu's

Cheers for the info!
    I had read somewhere that either the corvette or the camaro uses different pullies? Don't want to get something wrong and pay shipping back to the states for incorrect parts etc. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to get a UK distributor to ask procharger questions for me but procharger don't seem to be that helpful :/

VXRed

The nearest US car to our Vxr8 is the Pontiac G8 a kit for the will work on a the ls3 engine. I used a Magnusson TVS 2300 ls2 corvette kit on mine. Worked really well. You will need a 2 bar map sensor and keep the MAF if you start tuning you need a reliable way to cross reference the new Gmve parameters.

Last edited by charlesH; 25th January 2018 at 07:14 AM.
    MIEEE

VXRed

Yeah the 6.2 is the G8 GXP I do believe. They do a kit for the LS2 G8 but not the LS3. Thank for the heads up on the 2 bar sensor. I knew about bigger injectors and the efi live (or what ever it is called. I can't remember at this time of day). You going to the ace cafe this Sunday? Would be great to see your car!

VXRed

My Cars Currently SORNed for the winter - I usually bring put back on the road in the Spring ready for the summertime. Haven't been to an Ace cafe meet yet.
    In the meantime here are 2 links to some short vids of the S/C running
    https://www.facebook.com/charles.hud...user_video_tab
    and
    with Exhaust Note
    https://www.facebook.com/charles.hud...user_video_tab
    MIEEE

VXRed

Now that does sound good! It wouldn't let me view them without adding you. You should pop on the vxr8 and hsv forums on fb if you frequent that.

+ Reply to Thread