+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default No red interior lights or vxr red dials rear number plate lights out also

Hi everyone I`m hoping someone can help me here as its a very strange problem with my Astra J vxr.
    I have just installed some hid led interior lights that work fine, however when trying to fit the glovebox light it will not work and since then I also have lost my rear number plate lights (standard bulbs) also my front windscreen washer jets and my red vxr dials along with the red lights around the gear stick and under door handles are not lit up anymore. Tried a diagnostic and says open circuit fault on washers and number plate lights if that helps. Any advice would be much appreciated

VXRed

Sounds like you’ve blown a fused somehow. I upgraded all my interior bulbs including glovebox and boot to Philips X-Tremeultinon LED’s which are not CANBUS and everything was fine. I did accidentally short one of the connections with a screwdriver at one point and had something weird happed after that. I thought I’d blown a fuse but actually disconnecting the battery sorted my weird behaviour so give that a try first (special procedure for battery disconnect required to disarm secondary alarm - refer to the manual as I can’t remember it exactly)

Also I recommend reverting all bulbs back to standard until you find / resolve the issue and then start again so you can work out what causes the issue.

Hope this helps

Shorting of an interior bulb will cause the BCM to go into safe mode and cut power to that circuit.

Simply disconnect the battery for 10 minuets or so to reset it.

The BCM is supposed to do this.
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 ***

VXR newbie

Hey and thanks for the fast reply everyone. I have tried as suggested and disconnected the + on the main battery and left it for 2 hours also removed the led bulbs and still nothing...... Should I remove the - on the main battery also? I have also noticed another function that fails to work now and thats my cruise control, the white dash light shows active however i cant set speed.
    Anyother advice is greatly appreciated as running out of options now other than VX main dealer lol

VXRed blooded

I would go back and start again check all wiring and fuse's ,you must have shorted something the interior lights are not canbus controlled so do not know why you would of lost your number plates lights which are . open circuit is a blown fuse or broken wire .other than that a trip to the dealers or a good auto electrician is required.

VXRed

Definitely sounds like you've popped a fuse mate. Disconnecting the battery was worth a try but as that hasn't helped I'd literally pull out each fuse one by one and inspect them. Don't touch any big fuses/relays though, can't imagine it would be any of those. Focus on the small ones (the 10, 15 20, 25 Amp). If that doesn't do it then it'll have to be taken somewhere.

VXR newbie

Thanks again guys or gals for fast reply. I'll try another sift through the fuses and keep you posted. I've only just joined but would like to thank you for the help so far.

Remember the J VXR has three fuse boxes!
    *** Cavalier MK3 SRi 130 > Astra J SRi 2.0 CDTi 160 VX Line > GTC SRi 1.6T 180 VX Line > Astra GTC VXR 280 > Focus MK3 ST3 250 ***

VXRed blooded

Did you solve this issue,what was the fix

+ Reply to Thread