+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dashboard bulbs

Default Dashboard bulbs

Hello. I have a ten plate insignia. This morning some of the dashboard bulbs failed. Any idea what bulbs or how to fix many thanks.

They are LEDs not bulbs, so most likely a symptom of something else if several have stopped working.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed blooded

Few days after you posted this, I got one of mine (the one around the "3" of RPM dash) that did not light up. Going OPC/VXR mode and back to normal/sport did not do anything to light it up.

Was on again after a restart of car.

Got this yesterday then it lighted up...

I am not driving siggy everyday so i cannot really tell.... but it would be annoying !

VXRed

Hi, a few months ago one of the LED's started playing up behind my speedo. It does work sometimes then it goes off after about half an hour. It's more annoying if anything. From what I have heard the instrument cluster is a sealed unit. I was thinking of replacing my instrument cluster with a second hand one, the only thing I am unsure about is whether the replacement cluster has to be paired with the car.

VXRed

I don't have the VXR unfortunately (2.8t instead) but I had a similar problem recently with mixed symptoms of speedo and rev led's going out, often after about half hour of driving. I did abit of research on web (insiginia enthusiast site I think) and there is someone on there who can take the unit apart and do the necessary led replacement work, possibly around £150 if I remember correctly.

However...... my car was laid up for approx 9 weeks after I had an operation and couldn't drive and when I returned to driving the issue was less apparent though did return. Possibly unconnected but battery was evidently on its last legs and I changed it at Xmas (was the original on a 61 plate) and since then the issue has not come back with all led's working as they should.

When you read about the Siggy its evident that the electrics can be a mind of their own and replacing/disconnecting the battery can solve many a problem! I would suggest doing a bit of testing work on the battery and see what state its in, especially with the car running.

Hope that helps a little at least!!

Love my car but I still want a VXR perhaps I need to look into remapping

VXRed blooded

It'a very common problem, mine have been doing it for about 18 months, different ones work each time I start the car, then they change as I drive down the road. It's like a little light show.

+ Reply to Thread