+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Corsa D VXR

VXRed

Default My Corsa D VXR

I have posted in the Newbie section before I picked up my VXR on 27th December 2017 but found this section and thought I'd post.

Here's my motor:

Last owner:

Aftermarket Induction Kit (unsure of make, but likely to change it anyway)
    Lowered 30mm (spring kit I believe)
    Bonnet vents

Other than that she is standard with the point of sale upgrades such as Sat Nav, 18in alloys and privacy glass. I've fitted her with a Cat 2-1 alarm system.

My plans:

I have a Scorpion Cat Back (non-res) exhaust here ready to be fitted next week.
    I am booked in with Rabbid Tuning for Stage 2 (upgraded injectors, health check and Stage 2 Rabbid remap) next month.
    Get Nightbreaker bulbs and LEDs (DRL).

I'll see how she goes after the remap before I decide what I want to do next. Likely will be the intercooler upgrade (Airtec).

I'll post more pics once I've added these new bits. I may even create a MunsonVXR YouTube channel to post dash cam footage.
    Last edited by MunsonVXR; 10th January 2018 at 06:55 PM.

nice looking motor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Nice mate 👍🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fold mate car looks tidy
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

YouTube channel :yoda racing

Instagram yoda_craig85

VXRed

Thanks lads for the welcome and compliments on my motor. Getting the Scorpion Cat Back (non res) put on her tomorrow morning. Then up to Rabbid Tuning next month, I've been really worried about the piston 4 thing of late.....it's kind of taken the enjoyment of the car a little but she's still the throatiest car I've ever owned with the most welly and she is a lot of fun. Hopefully the sounds from the exhaust will be up there with my old SRi with the Peco backbox. Think it will sound a lot raspier though.

I can see me forging her in the future, just for that little extra piece of mind haha

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonVXR View Post
    Thanks lads for the welcome and compliments on my motor. Getting the Scorpion Cat Back (non res) put on her tomorrow morning. Then up to Rabbid Tuning next month, I've been really worried about the piston 4 thing of late.....it's kind of taken the enjoyment of the car a little but she's still the throatiest car I've ever owned with the most welly and she is a lot of fun. Hopefully the sounds from the exhaust will be up there with my old SRi with the Peco backbox. Think it will sound a lot raspier though.

I can see me forging her in the future, just for that little extra piece of mind haha
    If it makes you feel any better mate, mine is stage 3 on standard internals and is on 114,000 miles haha

As long as you take plenty care of it in terms of warming up properly and giving it a bit of time to cool down, and plenty oil changes and servicing to keep her in good health you should be good!

Lovely looking motor too mate
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    If it makes you feel any better mate, mine is stage 3 on standard internals and is on 114,000 miles haha

As long as you take plenty care of it in terms of warming up properly and giving it a bit of time to cool down, and plenty oil changes and servicing to keep her in good health you should be good!

Lovely looking motor too mate
    And just to add to this, not sure if anyone has told you but there is a temp readout in the "hidden menus" so you can see the coolant temp to help you know when it's up to good running temp

You just press the button on the end of the right hand stalk 4 times, but hold it in on the 4th press until the you seen the menu change, then press it another 5 times and you should see two numbers, the bottom of which is the coolant temp. Should be at about 92-95 for about 5 -10 minutes before you give it a real kicking (Oil takes slightly longer to warm than coolant hence the extra few minutes).

Apologies if you know all this already
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

But that’s just the coolant temp the oil temp takes significantly longer to get up to temperature I found this out when I’ve installed oil temp guages in the past lol
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

Instagram yoda_craig85

Quote Originally Posted by craigybaby View Post
    But that’s just the coolant temp the oil temp takes significantly longer to get up to temperature I found this out when I’ve installed oil temp guages in the past lol
    I know mate that's why I said give it another 5 or 10 minutes on top after the coolant gets up to temp

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    I know mate that's why I said give it another 5 or 10 minutes on top after the coolant gets up to temp
    My bad didn’t see that bit hahahaha
    xbox addy -turboyoda85

Instagram yoda_craig85

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast