+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Corsa D VXR

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by fifteenfish View Post
    I went stage 3 this week on my 14 plate arden with the work done by WG Motorworks and I love it Rabbid tuned you won't regret it
    Yeah I can't wait So tempted to get the turbo upgrade as well......I got funds but I need them elsewhere atm.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonVXR View Post
    Well that remains to be seen but they (Warren and Richard) are the experts so I'll let them make the call on which map she needs. I have asked for a Stage 2 Rabbid remap (with injector upgrade) after the forging is done (which is wicked because it saves me driving to Basingstoke as well as Kent).

Having the Airtec is going to be better than not having it and gives me options. Pre cat delete and sports cat into the Scorpion is an option too, but I am already in for a tad over £3000 already.

I would like to see 230-240BHP from this little venture, I'd be happy with that for now. I think it's probably realistic

Rich (Rabbid) did my 1st map over a year ago, I drove from North Wales to Basingstoke for the work done. I had a similar set up with the catback at the time of booking, I was told to go full exhaust (regardless of sport cat configuration or decat) to get the figures i was after as the standard cats are too restrictive, I was told my figures would be noticeably down.

I went full Cobra decat on Rich's advice and the obvious injectors, cost about £1100 including the map with some clever buying, pulled 227bhp and 250lb/ft at the time.

I genuinely haven't heard of anyone spending the money you have without going sports cat/decat for maximum gains, but Rich/Warren know best and will get the best out of it for you (and safely) regardless.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 29th January 2018 at 01:29 AM.

VXRed

Well we'll see.....Warren has been exceptional on the advice front thus far. She's going in on Tuesday, Stage 1 WG reforge being the main focus.

I've paid for a new Enhanced Performance Turbo Back (sports cat) exhaust (even though I bought the Scorpion cat back recently, that's going on Corsa D Sales on Facebook soon), Enhanced Performance Induction kit, Bosch 613 Injectors, uprated spark plugs, new Turbosmart recirculator, short shifter and Airtec Intercooler.

After Warren does the health check, and proceeds with the forging.....I'll be looking at the Stage 4 Turbo upgrade, mount upgrade and obviously Rich will remap her for me.

Later in the year I want the rally cams, and possibly the bottom end work (crankshaft).

VXRed

So Warren has my car at the mo working hard at it. Engines been out before and rebored but standard pistons put back in which seems bizarre.

I had a compression issue which Warren spotted soon as he sat in the car, and low and behold...

https://i.imgur.com/z5qvDFS.jpg

VXRed

The head is back on, just the Airtec Intercooler and turbo back exhaust to go on....

https://i.imgur.com/RGr8cGX.jpg

Rabbid are up tomorrow for dyno day, will post the figures once I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonVXR View Post
    So Warren has my car at the mo working hard at it. Engines been out before and rebored but standard pistons put back in which seems bizarre.

I had a compression issue which Warren spotted soon as he sat in the car, and low and behold...

https://i.imgur.com/z5qvDFS.jpg
    When I first read this I thought you meant Warren had rebored it for you and put standard pistons back in, was very confused

See what you mean now though!

Glad it's coming along mate.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Nah, Warren stated also that the rebore (whoever did it, remind me to never get an already modded car again by the way) wasn’t that bad in fact. But there’s other evidence the engine has been out....the loom wasn’t placed back very well and the support brackets are bent as well. I think I was really lucky to get her to him when I did as that piston left for a while longer might have really ****** on my parade.

I’ve got Wiseco 79.5mm forged pistons in her now instead which luckily Warren had in stock after realising the 79mm Wossners weren’t gonna fit. They cost a little more but small price to pay compared to the P4 issue properly wrecking the cylinder or even blowing out totally!

VXRed

Oh and I’m getting shot of that bonnet with the vents, water is being allowed to leak into the top of the engine and around the plugs.....anyone got an Arden blue facelift bonnet for sale?

VXRed

Dyno day, this could be interesting.....post results later today

There is a few ardens being broken on Facebook man! Or try "C&J VXR Breakers" on facebook

Looking forward to seeing results! Hope all goes well.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast