+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR enough

Default "Vaux Spares" on ebay

Has anyone had any dealings with this lot before?

I bought 4 17 inch Pentas (in need of refurb) for my 1.4 daily which were subsequently delivered a few weeks ago. I was in a hurry to get them fitted so i quickly stripped the tyres off and put them in for powder coating and in the meantime i left positive feedback for the seller.

However upon getting the wheels back and attempting to fit the tyres i noticed i had actually been sent the following;

- 3x 17 x 7J Pentas
    - 1x 17 x 6.5J Penta

The odd one out is obviously an old Tigra wheel - identical except for being thinner, and unfortunately being thinner means i cannot fit the correct profile for my Corsa D!

So i now have 3 x refurbed wheels i can fit with the correct tyre size and one that i cannot rendering the whole set useless.

I have contacted vaux spares on the 6th but received no contact so have now raised a return request.

(I actually don't want to return them as they have been refurbished but this was the only "official" option left via ebay - i have explained i'd be happy with a partial refund for one wheel)

Its been almost a week since i made contact - do they just take a while to respond?
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXR enough

Pics fyi...

Current total is now 250 for the wheels, 200 for coating, and 150 for 2 tyres.

Saving grace us I can probably use the tyres on my 1.6 but still...450 for wheels I can't fit.

Understandably a bit frustrated!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Have you rung them up?

Assuming it's these - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/vauxspares/about-us.html

Astra

VXR enough

Not yet...

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Not yet...
    First thing I would have done, see if you can get them to send out another correct wheel and they might let you keep the other wheel which would be fine as a spare in the boot imho

Astra

Definitely give them a ring and speak to someone instead of waiting for them to respond through eBay.
    They need a chance to put it right, nightmare for you though mate.

VXR enough

Hi,

Yes i phoned them yesterday and eventually got to speak to someone.

They're going to have a look through their yard and local breakers to see if they have another one in stock so fingers crossed.

The guy said they are rare though - i know this as i've scoured ebay for days and there are none on there atm - so i'm not holding out much hope TBH and i can see it ending in some kind of refund.

If it does come to that i've got a dilemma;

- punt the wheels on as separates to get some cash back

- store the 3 good ones until a matching 4th comes up for sale...problem being i'm tripping over loose wheels at the house right now - got the 4 4 stud pentas, 2 5 stud pentas for my sri and 4 x 17 tyres! Only got a single garage as well lol

- just fit the odd pentas sticking the odd on on the back. Good as i can flog the 16s and get some cash/space back. Bad as i'll have mismatched widths (215 and 205) on the back until a 7J comes up for sale and i can have that refurbed

Nightmare TBH!

VXR enough

Heard nothing back from them over the last week.

Ebay wont give a me refund either as "the item isn't in the condition it was recieved".

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Heard nothing back from them over the last week.

Ebay wont give a me refund either as "the item isn't in the condition it was recieved".

What a joke.
    Rung them back for an update? Ask for the name of the person you're speaking to so you can keep going back to the same person

Astra

VXR enough

Given up TBH.

It took 3 calls last week before i spoke to anyone and i've sent them 3/4 messages via ebay.

I've bought 2 narrower tyres now to fit to the back so i can use the odd wheel as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast