+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Debating selling up

I'm debating whether or not to put my car up for sale and move on to something else.

I've had the car for about 2 years now and to be fair I have loved it.

I still really like the car but the pressure is on to buy something more sensible.

I've spent a bomb on the car while I've had it, pretty much all on upgrades. The car has been extremely reliable and (touch wood) has never let me down. It's also a hoot to drive and is a really nice car overall.

But we holiday a lot in the UK and it's not a practical car to go away in (usually borrow my dad's Range Rover). It's a fairly hard ride (especially after the Range Rover) so my Mrs constantly moans every time she's in it (and also about the exhaust) and I just think buying something else would give me an easier life.

I am loathed to sell the car on Ebay and get a load of muppets offering me silly money for what is a damn clean and well maintained Stage 3 VXR that wants for nothing.

I don't know what to do!!!!

Help!

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Keep the car change the over half

Keep the car and run another that shuts the mrs up.

Keep the car I nearly got divorced buying my first vxr last year but she’s shut up twinning now lol
    07 Arden blue VXR(H). 3” scorpion turbo back, pipercross cone filter, front mounted intercooler. Running stage 2 map dyno tested at 290bhp 340 lb torque.
    Black rear diffuser, black boot trim, black tinted windows. Piano black console and steering wheel trims. Carbon fibre dash trims.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant21 View Post
    Keep the car and run another that shuts the mrs up.
    +1

If it's reliable and you enjoy it, definitely keep it. You seem to have put a lot into it recently.
    Has your Mrs not got a sensible car of her own?

Get a cheap daily to run about it - that will be my plan when finances allow.

just trade it in for a new model.....an i dont mean the car lol

Haha thanks for the replies

There seems to be a pattern developing here in the responses!

The Mrs. can't drive so I am the resident household taxi

I did think about putting the VXR in the garage as a weekend toy and running something sensible in the week, but I've done that in the past and it's annoying paying 2 lots of tax, 2 lots of insurance and the majority of your annual driving ends up being in a boring car.

I'd rather just have 1 car that ticks all boxes. The Astra ticks most, but not all. Plus I'm a serial modder. I can't leave stuff alone. I need something that I will buy and just leave. I could have had a bloody Aston Martin by now with all the money I've spent on mods over the years.

If I do sell it, someones going to get a helluva car for the money!

From someone who has got rid of a belter of a VXR in the past. Dont do it. Year later and im back looking for another.
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast