+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Question Front Bumper removal ????

Is there a simple way to remove the entire bumper or at least loosen the lower section of the front bumper...had a wee frontal nudge due to ice and the lower grill and 1 fang are dislodged and they need pushed in from behind.
    One parking sensor took a smack and the system is offline but not overly worried just yet.

Lots of screws, but it isn’t really that bad to remove. There are some screws in each front wheel arch, some at the top and a few at the bottom. Remember to remove the lids off the headlight washers - find something flat and slip under the cover and pry it open carefully. Once you have the washer open a bit, you can pull the washer out and click the cover off.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed blooded

The first time is a nightmare, but once you have done it, it takes about 15 mins the next time. 3 screws in each arch, 4/5 along the top, 4 plastic clips in the undertray as well as 2 screws. The 2 screws in the tray are a complete nightmare. You have to bend the tray down to get into them with a Torx bit and there isn't much space. If you can jack the car up you'll make life a bit easier.

VXRed blooded

Sweet info on the washers... Totally forgot about them

VXRed blooded

Sweet info? Why remove the washer covers?
    Last edited by Doorman; 18th January 2018 at 10:01 AM.

VXRed blooded

I assume the main body of the washer isnt attached to the bumper on its own so the trim cover needs removed to prevent breaking it.

Either way it's not important now... Car body shop and insurance insist it has to be fully repaired to original condition and as some lugs are broken and there are 2 small cracks on the bumper its a full replacement.
    Incident was at walking pace but effectively had 3 impacts overall and looks like over £4k of damage.

VXRed blooded

The washers are built into the bumper man. It's a case of unclip the hoses as you remove the bumper.

VXRed blooded

I'll keep that in mind if i need to do anything after the repair work is done and i've any mods in mind.
    All in the hands of the insurance now, wasn't the only damage the car got at the time but I had hoped to fix the bumper bit myself, didn't know the finance company got a say in repairs but i guess they just want to guard their investment...makes sense in the long run.

VXRacing ahead

i had mine off a couple off times now and its not a big job , though i never touched the washer covers either , just undid the hose .

VXRed

This is good info, I plan to wrap my girl and this only place I see for bumper removal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast