+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Vectra VXR

Quote Originally Posted by angel1368 View Post
    cheers matey
    Cupra R splitter pal, had a look today now thats its dry and it has VAG markings on it

Not much else to update on the car, wheels are being refurbished in satin black atm.

Noticed a bit of wheel wobble at 70ish, wheels dont seem to be the issue so its either the tyres or a worn bush so will need to have a poke about
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

Not much to update- wheels are back and looking great. But I really think im going to change them for TD 1.3s as the roads here are shocking and my drive to work is like driving a minefield and I just dont trust the Ronals to stand up to it much longer. With tyres im looking at £1300 for a set!

Got a slight missfire under load so ordered 6 new Bosch coils, one on the car has been changed recently so its a case of keeping that one and putting all new ones in

Did my drop links the other week

Last edited by andy-; 4th April 2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Vectra VXR 280. Milltek cat back. Courts upgraded radiator. Courts intercooler. K&N filter. Eibach springs. TD Pro race 1.2s

Did my coils earlier in the week, not too hard to do just took my time plus having a good socket set helped. What a huge difference they must have been the originals

Oil change, only been around 3600 miles since the last one so the old oil came out rather clean looking. Will do the next one around 5k time

Also bought this expensive lot

Eibachs are on the way as well

Looking sweet mate looks pretty mint

Fitted new rear brakes yesterday, the discs were shot but the pads had loads of meat. Got Padgid ones from ecp for £80, half price! Had to give the sliders and carriers a good clean as one side was a bit seized but all good now

Swapped my Ronals for TD 1.2s + cash. One tyre had a nail so this went on the back and 2 Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front as for some reason they came with 34 profile on the front which I dont want. Sold the old tyres on facebook though as they were fairly new

Update

At Viva Vauxhall crail last month, took it down the strip a few runs and my best was a 14.6 which was the fastest Vectra on the day (against mapped ones) Finished 3rd in the over 2.0 class behind a VXR8 and a V6 Astra F. Think the smaller wheels helped as well as dare I say it having a bit less power to put down

Also replaced the rear banana and control arms along with the rarb bushes (Powerflex) and drop links. Back end is planted now and the car feels so much nicer to drive

Mtec braided brake hoses go on this week and then its mot time

14/8/18 Update-

car was mot'd last month and had some work done prior to that

- New rear arb drop links
    - New rear arb Powerflex bushes
    - New rear arms (all of them)
    - 4WD alignment
    - Front hard lines
    - MTEC Braided hoses
    - Oil and filter change
    - New brake fluid

Passed with the handbrake and a small exhaust blow being advised so not bad. The handbrake seems to have sorted itself a bit as my old work car park was on a steep hill but I'll replace the cable in due course

Now some goodies

Team Hekos

New sidelights, Phillips Blue Vision

Got a look at my intercooler

For all the hardware I have fitted ive still not thought about a map

VXR newbie

looks nice
    Any plans for interior upgrades?

Only thing id really change is the steering wheel to a flat bottomed one, well i changed some bulbs as well to blue ones lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2